GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP Upgraded on the freeola servers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/01/08 at 18:35
Staff
Just a quick announcement that PHP 4 has been upgraded on the Freeola Webservers to version 4.4.8, this should not impact on the use of the servers as is basically a security and bugfix update to the version that was already on the servers.

As ever if you are experiencing issues on the servers, you can post here or place a support ticket at http://freeola.com/support/request/ for us to investigate.
Tue 15/01/08 at 18:35
Staff
Just a quick announcement that PHP 4 has been upgraded on the Freeola Webservers to version 4.4.8, this should not impact on the use of the servers as is basically a security and bugfix update to the version that was already on the servers.

As ever if you are experiencing issues on the servers, you can post here or place a support ticket at http://freeola.com/support/request/ for us to investigate.
Tue 15/01/08 at 18:40
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update :¬)

I don't use a lot of php, but the bits I use still seem to work!

It might be worth mentioning again that you are also running PHP5 for the PHP users amongst us ?!?
Unless I've lost the plot - Freeola are currently running both PHP4 and 5. I've just checked the PHP Essentials help page and can't seem to find it any info on this.

Sorry if this is just me ;¬) I've had a closer look and found it!

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 15/01/08 at 18:53
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I believe this is what you were looking for.

It has details of both PHP4 and 5 versions we are currently running across all of our webservers.
Tue 15/01/08 at 19:20
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that.

NB. The PHP Essentials page still mentions PHP 4.3.7

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 16/01/08 at 08:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
It's showing 4.4.8 for me...

What happens if you ctrl+f5 it?
Wed 16/01/08 at 09:29
"Are you sure?"
Morning, I'm still getting:

"...Like HTML pages, all files are uploaded into your 'htdocs' directory.

Freeola's servers currently support [b]PHP 4.3.7.[/b]"

PHP Essentials: http://freeola.com/support/webspace_php.php

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 16/01/08 at 10:04
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Ah now I see where you mean.

This has been passed to the Web Content guys and has now been amended :)
Fri 18/01/08 at 09:40
Regular
I've lost all RSS functionality with vBulletin:

RSS Poster Robot

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.next-gen.biz:80 in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 95

Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 223

Next Generation News Unable to open URL or no data returned

Any suggestions?
Fri 18/01/08 at 09:56
"Are you sure?"
Can't help much I'm afraid, but...

Are you sure the problem is at your Freeola site end?
From the errors you've posted (to me) it looks like the problem could be with the remote site.

Sorry I couldn't help more, hopefully someone who's familiar with vbulletin will be along soon.

Have you been using fsockopen() successfully in the past? Doing a search on these forums I'm not sure if that function was available?

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 18/01/08 at 10:02
Regular
That was my initial thought, however it's any RSS feed I attempt to run, and it appears to have coincided with the php upgrade. I'm still looking into it, however a few things I've read over suggest that I need fsockopen to be able to connect to
remote servers.

Some further info:

Invalid SQL:
select r.*, f.title from rssfeed r left join forum f on(f.forumid = r.feed_forum) order by r.feed_name;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'r.feed_forum' in 'on clause'
Error Number : 1054
Date : Friday, January 18th 2008 @ 09:48:02 AM
Script : http://www.mindseyetheater.ukgamers.net/vbforum/admincp/ffrss.php?
Referrer : http://www.mindseyetheater.ukgamers.net/vbforum/admincp/index.php?do=nav
IP Address : ************
Username : ************
Classname : vb_database
MySQL Version : 5.0.45-log

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.