GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What like's and Dislike do you have against these six consles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
give some opinion on these six conlse, the first is sega Saturn, the Dreamcast, Playstation 2, X-box, Psone, and N64, I could have put the gamecube but it ain't out yet.
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:06
Regular
"95% organic"
SEGA SATURN:
The Saturn really didn't last too long, technically it was about the same level as a PSOne, but without the vast number of games: although some classic titles did feature. One for Sega fetishists only.

SEGA DREAMCAST:
A wicked console. Ahead of its time when released, with some online games as well. Built up a decent library of games before its recent demise. Still remains a connaisseur's choice because of its Windows platform. This means it has become a great machine for emulators and the like.

PLAYSTATION 2:
Over the last year or so the PS2 has built up a substantial number of quality games. Like the original Playstation, it also has a mass following... which means more games, earlier, and the ability to swap games with your mates. The DVD feature is a bonus too.

X-BOX:
The jury's still out on Microsoft's effort. A sprinkle of quality games, and some unstable pricing. In theory it could be amazing, but bearing in mind the PS2 to XBox sales ratio is something like 25:1, the Bill Gates Massive has got its work cut out.

PSOne:
Sony's inpertinent little oik of a console bust in between Sega and Nintendo a few years ago and did alot to boost the gaming industry. Though technically inferior to its main rival, the N64, it managed to spawn literally thousands of games, covering every niche genre of game. Even though it looks dated today, it's still a decent budget choice, especially 2nd hand. That's largely down to the ENORMOUS game back-catalogue.

N64:
Still a personal favourite of mine. For a long time (in console years) this was the top-spec machine. And because it's Nintendo, everything has that nice polish to it. And big chunky-ass cartridges. Not a huge array of games, but some absolute classics amongst them. I still play 4 player F-Zero at least twice a week.
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:04
The sega Saturn, I played it once and I did'nt like it because the gameplay was a little slow.

The Dreamcast was brought out at the wrong time, but I admit it got some really good games like Shenmue.

The N64 has a couple of good shoot em up, but had a few classic games, that sound a bit corny, also it was a pain having to buy expanision pak to play some games.

The Psone I love the game for it, but hate it design, it was so light I threw it like a frisbee.

The PS2 that is the best thing so far.

The X-box I like some of the games for, But I don't see why it price has been cut by a £100, some say it the gamecube, but I fail to see the threat.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:53
"Mimmargh!"
X-box is the new Saturn...hehehe, jus' kidding!

N64= few good games but those that are good are far better than any seen on PS1. Also I thought the graphics and multiplay was better on this system.

PS1= sold really well, lots of games, can play them on PS2. Not many that I liked though.

PS2= good, solid system, and some good games, though they took a while to arrive.

X-box= I hate it, it is the embodiement of hype.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:49
give some opinion on these six conlse, the first is sega Saturn, the Dreamcast, Playstation 2, X-box, Psone, and N64, I could have put the gamecube but it ain't out yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.