GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sell it to me!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 18:45
Regular
Ok, I have a PS2 which I plan on keeping till the 5th of ever. However, I also have a bundle of N64 stuff which I reckon I could get shot of for around £200. This could buy me a X-Box or a Gamecube, obviously. Gamecube would be the obvious choice as it has an array of games I will never be able to get on the PS2, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros, Mario etc. However, after playing Halo at a mates house I am seriously considering buying a X-Box. So, why should I buy one? Go on, I need some help, I don't care about games that are already or will be released on PS2, what has X-Box got ot offer me bar Halo?
Fri 26/04/02 at 13:11
I'd honestly say let the games decide.

If you're a particular fan of Nintendo (Mario, Zelda etc) then I'd say you may well be best off with a Gamecube. After all, SR are doing it for £128.99 and you could probably squeeze a couple of games in for around £200.

The Xbox is one for the 'serious' gamers. Those who want not only multiplayer gaming but ONLINE multiplayer in future. Games like Grand Prix 4, Championship Manager and Midtown Madness 3 makes the console tempting to PC gamers who are fed up with the constant upgrading.

The Xbox is incredible, I love it just as much if not more than my PS2. It's £70 more than a Gamecube though so if it's the Ninty games you like then go for that instead.
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:27
Regular
Multiplayer.

Simple as that. The Xbox has four controller ports as opposed to PS2's 2 ports. Because of this, ALL games that have multiplayer will support 4 players. On PS2 this is not always the case, quite a few games only support 2 player.

Multiplayer is the best thing ever. There's nothing quite like beating your mates at something.

Added to that, the broadban aspects. I know that not everyone has broadband, but it's planning ahead. Broadband is getting cheaper all the time, I reckong within a year it'll be affordable for most people.

Again, because it's standard equipment, all games will support it.

The other factor is the DVD player. If you don't have a stand alone player then you should get an Xbox.

The simple fact is that it's higher quality than PS2. No lip synch problems, no green screen problems. It also has Dolby Digital included, so if you have a de-coder then you can enjoy surround sound on all games.

Bascially, for an extra £70 over the GC, you get so much more hardware and so much more potential with the Xbox.

Having said all that, it is all about the games.

Most of the BIG 3rd party titles, Tonty Hawks, Soul Calibur, SSX, FIFA, ISS etc are being released across all platforms. So you need to decided which games are the ones for you. Mario or Halo? PGR or Luigi? etc...
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:04
I think you should deffinetly get an xbox mate. For one its twice as powerfull as the GC and has much better games like as you said Halo, PGR, Amped, WWF RAW, GTA3! and many more great game titles. And now that the xbox has gone down by £100 I think you should deffinetly get one no question!
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:52
Regular
"BOSE"
get an Xbox mate. the GC's just re-runs of pratically every game Nintendo's ever made
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:45
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Ok, I have a PS2 which I plan on keeping till the 5th of ever. However, I also have a bundle of N64 stuff which I reckon I could get shot of for around £200. This could buy me a X-Box or a Gamecube, obviously. Gamecube would be the obvious choice as it has an array of games I will never be able to get on the PS2, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros, Mario etc. However, after playing Halo at a mates house I am seriously considering buying a X-Box. So, why should I buy one? Go on, I need some help, I don't care about games that are already or will be released on PS2, what has X-Box got ot offer me bar Halo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.