GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NINTENDO'S LAST CONSOLE ? ? ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 12:09
Regular
I was watching Games network on sky digital (channel 223) and a woman on there said the gamecube would be nintendo's last console.

I haven't heard nintendo once state that they would stop the production of hardware after the cube!

Whats going on, stupid lass!

Anybody else see it and what do ya think

cheers

SINFIELD
Thu 25/04/02 at 23:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Now I dunno if I'm alone with this feeling, but does anyone else get it ?

When I see Carl on that poxy game network channel, I just want to punch him right on the bridge of the nose !
Thu 25/04/02 at 06:53
Regular
What I do think is true though, going by Miyamoto's comments in various publications, is that it will defnitely be a long time before Nintenod release another console, with the projected lifespan for Gamecube being in the region of 6-7 years. All for £30 - now that's value for money...
Thu 25/04/02 at 06:52
Regular
"Brrrrr."
If this wasn't a forum for all ages, I would get rid of the star:

stupid B*tch
Thu 25/04/02 at 00:01
They are nutters on that channel. Think of all the money they make out of those promo's! £1 min on the line. 100 people phone up and they've already got themselves a cube and a few games!

The promo's change nearly every week aswell!

Ahh Well,

Rock On Nintendo and I can't wait to get my cube,

Sinfield
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:37
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I heard it too, on one of those promotions. That blonde girls from italy screwed up and she later repeated herself and said 'Latest' she must of got her mords wuddled up :)
Wed 24/04/02 at 17:47
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Nintendo's last console, Gamecube??? Nah, GC is allready a HUGE success and I don't see Nintendo NOT bringing out another little wonder. Its more likely that Nintendo just go into the handheld business but I don't see that happening either!
Wed 24/04/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
A lot of odd rumors get thrown around in the games industry. Most are not true. It's always best to wait untill there's and oficial announcement. People who make that kind of rumor are usually don have a clue whats going on, and usually are jelouse of the GC.
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Don't trust them! Only 2 of them can speak proper English anyway!!
And they use clips of Beat games for their GameClips, and love Metallica!

They probably meant to say "This is the last Nintendo console I will buy." or something, as they all seem to love their PS2's! :P

I had a thought about this a while ago though, Nintendo following the suit of Sega and developing for multi-formats. But then I realised that they'd never do that, as they probably couldn't make enough of their own titles to succeed - remember, the N64 would've been absolute cack without Rare, Left Field, and also Acclaim!

Surely Shigsy knows this, and surely he loves his company too much to let it just fade away like Sega. And what about the GameBoys?? Each one gets better than the lastm, and the next one surely won't dissapoint!
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:14
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Hello, go to the Worlds Longest Forum, it's easier to talk in there !
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:12
um hi anyone here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.