GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Burnout"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 11:04
Regular
No, I've not posted in the wrong forum. Burnout was developed on the PS2 by Criterion using their middleware RenderWare. Because of their middleware, they got the main game up and running on the GameCube in 5 days. Yes, 5 days! They began development in December, and it should be out at launch next week. And it looks gorgeous. Let's hope the PS2 benefits from this kind of cross platform 'port' sooner rather than later.
Fri 26/04/02 at 19:29
"For the horde!!!!"
what is burnout
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:42
there would be no point in buying it anyway as it is pants
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Bobba you"
nh wrote:

>
> With games being ported from one console to another it shows that
> essentialy they are all the same inside and basically it will all come
> down to how games are controlled.

Yeah they are my mate has got simpsons road rage for the x-box and it is the same in every way so if you already have it for ps2 there would be no point buying it again for GC.
Wed 24/04/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ooops - should have read this one before I posted the Timesplitters 2 one, well it just goes to show what can be done using good middleware programs.

With games being ported from one console to another it shows that essentialy they are all the same inside and basically it will all come down to how games are controlled.

Imagine if all games came out on all consoles ??? spooky...
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:04
No, I've not posted in the wrong forum. Burnout was developed on the PS2 by Criterion using their middleware RenderWare. Because of their middleware, they got the main game up and running on the GameCube in 5 days. Yes, 5 days! They began development in December, and it should be out at launch next week. And it looks gorgeous. Let's hope the PS2 benefits from this kind of cross platform 'port' sooner rather than later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.