GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Subdomains of freeola hosting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/01/08 at 19:00
Regular
Hi i was wondering if it was possible to set up subdomains on freeola hosting?
Tue 04/03/08 at 13:59
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Subdomains are only helpful on very large sites really where its beneficial to highlight a niche or specific area of a larger topic/business. Search engines have become quite wary of them now so correct usage is more difficult. Its far easier to damage your ranking by using them than it is to gain a benefit. For your average website you're probably better off sticking with subdirectories.
Mon 03/03/08 at 22:58
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Admiral wrote:
> I have heard that subdomains can help with search engine ranking...

I have not heard if it affects search engine ranking. It would be intresting to hear what someone in the know says if it does or not?

'I claim this forum in the name of Jackalsb'
Mon 03/03/08 at 21:17
Regular
I would love to be able to create subdomains as well... pleeeeeease! I have several sites hosted with Freeola and I have heard that subdomains can help with search engine ranking...
Tue 15/01/08 at 11:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We are hoping to be able to offer the use of subdomains and other features in the future. I'm not sure when this will be though.
Tue 15/01/08 at 09:32
"Are you sure?"
Hi JK,
I'm afraid subdomains aren't available on Freeola.

The question was last raised here where I mentioned making use of the /stuff naming convention.

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 14/01/08 at 19:00
Regular
Hi i was wondering if it was possible to set up subdomains on freeola hosting?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.