GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Greatest Goalkeeper Of All Time."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
i think the gratest goalkeeper of all time has to be gordon banks, if you are wondering why it is because of that great save he did against brazil he semmed stranded but somehow he got to the other side of the goal and saved it, but england lost that game 1-0

tell me who you think is the greatest goalkeeper of all time :D
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:53
Peter Schmeichal must have been good, because he has made brilliant keepers like Barthez, Bosnich ,Taibli look rubbish because people compared them to him. He was truly amazing.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Bobba you"
shearer22 wrote:
> i think the greatest goalkeeper of alltime is peter shmichael

He was good but in my opion i dont think he was the best.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Bobba you"
Yeah he was and he played for the one and only Leicester and that was his home town it truly was a brillaint save cos i have it on kazaa.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:23
Regular
yeah a few names spring to mind.

the legend banksy, lew yashin (already mentioned), bert kraumann (he was a man city goalie, made famous by him playing through a cup final with a broken neck), peter shilton and finally peter schemeichel
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:20
Regular
"~yo dadio"
i think the greatest goalkeeper of alltime is peter shmichael
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, Lev Yashin....

Did you/do you watch Soccer AM on Sky Sports on Saturday Mornings???
They used to (and maybe still do) have a section where they pick one save, show it, and call it 'Better than Yashin' - with this Russian music playing in the background. It's like the 'Better than Pelé' thing they did, and they had loads of Bristol City players in that last season! :D
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:41
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Solskjær wrote:
> I agree that he is one of the best keepers of all-time, and maybe even
> THE greatest ever! Well, he's defeinitley the best England have
> produced.
>
> But if you're only gunna judge your descision on one save then you
> could call Seaman, Schmeichel, or any other keeper the greatest ever -
> when they are not neccesarily so.
>
> So it needs to be judged on their overall performances. And therefore,
> I say that Schmeichel has to be one of the greatest we've seen in the
> Premiership! Definiltey no.1 of the '90's!

i agree about schmeichel being the greatest in the 90's because i have seen some of his exellent saves coz im a man u fan i went to nearly every game when he played for them
but banks is still my hero
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:40
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Solskjær wrote:
> I agree that he is one of the best keepers of all-time, and maybe even
> THE greatest ever! Well, he's defeinitley the best England have
> produced.
>
> But if you're only gunna judge your descision on one save then you
> could call Seaman, Schmeichel, or any other keeper the greatest ever -
> when they are not neccesarily so.
>
> So it needs to be judged on their overall performances. And therefore,
> I say that Schmeichel has to be one of the greatest we've seen in the
> Premiership! Definiltey no.1 of the '90's!

i agree about schmeichel being the greatest in the 90's because i have seen some of his exellent saves coz im a man u fan i went to nearly every game when he played for them
but banks is still my hero
Tue 23/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would probably agree with Gordan Banks - However Lev Yashin was quite a legend! He was russian I believe!
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree that he is one of the best keepers of all-time, and maybe even THE greatest ever! Well, he's defeinitley the best England have produced.

But if you're only gunna judge your descision on one save then you could call Seaman, Schmeichel, or any other keeper the greatest ever - when they are not neccesarily so.

So it needs to be judged on their overall performances. And therefore, I say that Schmeichel has to be one of the greatest we've seen in the Premiership! Definiltey no.1 of the '90's!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.