GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Get one up on Microsoft"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 22:47
Regular
Now the Gamecube has dropped to a RRP of £129 in the uk.

2 possible reasons.

1. Nintendo feel Xbox is a threat and have decided to drop the price to add even more incentive to buy a GameCube.

2. This is all part of a clever ploy, they overpriced the GameCube to begin with, still keeping it at a good price but being able to knock about £30 off it if they needed.

Whatever happens it means GAMECUBE FOR EVERYONE!!!

Now i wonder what Sony and Microsoft will try to do to combat this move. The Xbox can't really go down much further in price or MS will lose too much money (they wouldn't have made a profit on it even after 5 years selling it at £299) but i can see sony dropping the price of the PS2 to around £170.

hmm

GAMCUBE
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:58
Regular
"That's right!"
Yep, which unfortunatly may go to MS just because they can throw money at the problem until it goes away, whereas Nintendo can't
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:57
Regular
"~H~I~M~"
Yes GAMCUBE will be great.

Phft

Anyway, I like what you say about because of the low low price that everyone will purchase a Gamecube, it's a nice little plan to put a Nintendo into homes all across the country, then everyone will be able to see the wonder of Nintendo games.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:57
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Hmmm. There are at least five topics about this price drop today. Do people not feel their opinion is heard unless they start a new topic anymore?
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:53
"High polygon count"
It's rumoured that Sony will drop PS2 to £149 on 1st May, but lets face it, Sony don't really need to combat anything. PS2 was outselling both machines combined in the US when it was still $299

Sony will remain competitive, but it's basically a battle for 2nd place.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:47
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Now the Gamecube has dropped to a RRP of £129 in the uk.

2 possible reasons.

1. Nintendo feel Xbox is a threat and have decided to drop the price to add even more incentive to buy a GameCube.

2. This is all part of a clever ploy, they overpriced the GameCube to begin with, still keeping it at a good price but being able to knock about £30 off it if they needed.

Whatever happens it means GAMECUBE FOR EVERYONE!!!

Now i wonder what Sony and Microsoft will try to do to combat this move. The Xbox can't really go down much further in price or MS will lose too much money (they wouldn't have made a profit on it even after 5 years selling it at £299) but i can see sony dropping the price of the PS2 to around £170.

hmm

GAMCUBE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.