GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Human Nature"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
After reading the various XbOX forums - ie GC sucks and is really kiddy etc, and then visiting the GC forums, to see 'Breezeblock' and 'overblown junk' etc, I saw a pattern that is at every level of human life. From this mostly pointless debate, this pattern of 'you hit me, so i'll hit you' translates everywhere. The most obvious example is the Israeli/Palestinian troubles (apologies if I insult anybody with this). This seems to be a childish back and forth but with real guns and bombs and real motives. I won't take sides or anything, but as soon as Israel moves in, the Palestinians bomb, the Israelis attack and it goes on and on. Is this human nature?? I like to think we are capable of more than that. Like that car advert - mans hidden qualities - but why does the bodyguard have to stop the bullet? Why is there a gun and a motive in the first place? And why are the qualities hidden - they obviously exist, but it seems the more 'evil' parts take over more - because they are easier to have and give into, because they are based on our primal insticts - adrenalin, strength etc - no use of reason, just the thing your brain tells you to do instantly, not after a moments thought. It seems the people in poistions of power play their own little games, oblivious the the harm they can cause (logging companies, destroying the very thing that keeps them going???!!!!) It is a big issue, and it will probably be never resolved - what do you think?
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:39
Thanks for that Hawk
Mon 29/04/02 at 16:49
jameshazell wrote:
> Hello my name is bob and i am computer fan i have a PC and a PS2

Good for you Bob
Mon 29/04/02 at 15:25
Hello my name is bob and i am computer fan i have a PC and a PS2
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:22
I think the failure Communism is a good example of human nature. It's a fantastic idea on paper, but once it's actually applied someone like Stalin gets into power, completely takes over and turns out to be one of the most evil men in history.

Another interesting question about human nature is, would he have been so evil is he wasn't in such a position of power?
Tue 23/04/02 at 23:50
i can agree with what you said about the war,i for one dont think it will ever end.And i dont really want to get caught up in it either
Tue 23/04/02 at 00:59
† Ð㥠Wålké® † wrote:
> GC look ok but not no where near as good as the PS2.

What kind of a post was that? You seem to consistently miss the point of posts, your grammar is not just deficient but gets in the way of whatever the hell it is you're trying to spit out, and your arguments are not just weak but downright imbecilic.

*boggled*

But to return to your post, I think youi're quite right. Don't be afraid of offending anyone in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, you didn't take any sides and what you said is perfectly true. I really think it's a retarded, regressed, sign of our philistine past to return to this kind of warfare. There's all sorts of phrases for it: vicious circle, t**-for-tat, fight fire with fire, but whatever you call it, retaliation consistently fails to work.

And please, if you have nothing intelligent to say, say nothing at all. Go spam up the longest thread topics or argue consoles with the village idiot. But don't come to a mature forum, and talk rubbish.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:29
"Right!!!!!™"
GC look ok but not no where near as good as the PS2.
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
After reading the various XbOX forums - ie GC sucks and is really kiddy etc, and then visiting the GC forums, to see 'Breezeblock' and 'overblown junk' etc, I saw a pattern that is at every level of human life. From this mostly pointless debate, this pattern of 'you hit me, so i'll hit you' translates everywhere. The most obvious example is the Israeli/Palestinian troubles (apologies if I insult anybody with this). This seems to be a childish back and forth but with real guns and bombs and real motives. I won't take sides or anything, but as soon as Israel moves in, the Palestinians bomb, the Israelis attack and it goes on and on. Is this human nature?? I like to think we are capable of more than that. Like that car advert - mans hidden qualities - but why does the bodyguard have to stop the bullet? Why is there a gun and a motive in the first place? And why are the qualities hidden - they obviously exist, but it seems the more 'evil' parts take over more - because they are easier to have and give into, because they are based on our primal insticts - adrenalin, strength etc - no use of reason, just the thing your brain tells you to do instantly, not after a moments thought. It seems the people in poistions of power play their own little games, oblivious the the harm they can cause (logging companies, destroying the very thing that keeps them going???!!!!) It is a big issue, and it will probably be never resolved - what do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.