GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing dvds on your ps2 with a televideo - HELP!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 17:27
Regular
1.Does anyone know any way that i can play dvds on my ps2 without the dvds flickering (they do this because i have a televideo, and becos the video is built into the tv, i have to plug my ps2 into both (i have 1 scart socket) and to stop me recording the dvd the dvd flickers from dark to bright, making the dvd unwatchable)
HELP ME, PPPPPLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!
2.Also, ive tried to stop a film (dvd) on my ps2, turn the console off (standby), and play where i left off, i cant do this - it says u can do it in the ps2 instruction book - WHY CANT I DO THIS??!!
Tue 23/04/02 at 09:56
You can get a Macrovision buster/picture enhancer for £27. Can't post the link on here as it's not from SR and the site sells other products that SR may frown upon ;)

Do a search on Yahoo or Google for Macrovision buster and you should find where to get one from.
Mon 22/04/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
You will need to buy a macrovision decoder box, which will strip the macrovision from the picture. I doubt the quality will suffer a great deal, if at all, but can't be sure as I have never used one.

If you need one of these try looking in the ads of Home Cinema & DVD mags. Failing that, try ordering one from a hong kong based retailer (best source for dodgy stuff).

Another plus side of having the box is you can record dvds to video, but that is a little bit naughty and you shouldn't do it
Mon 22/04/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Bah"
u cantput the console into standby as it will actually lose its place
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:00
i just tried stopping a dvd, i pressed stop once, then turned the console to standby, i then turned the ps2 on again and the menu at the start of the dvd just came on, and not the place where i stopped the dvd
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:31
"High polygon count"
The flickering is, as you probably know, caused by Macrovision copy protection, and there's no way you can get around it as far as I know.

The option to pick up a film where you left off should work fine, as long as you only press the Stop button once. Pressing twice will reset you to the beginning of the disc. It works fine on my PS2, so I can't explain why it won't on yours - unless you're pressing Stop twice.
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:27
1.Does anyone know any way that i can play dvds on my ps2 without the dvds flickering (they do this because i have a televideo, and becos the video is built into the tv, i have to plug my ps2 into both (i have 1 scart socket) and to stop me recording the dvd the dvd flickers from dark to bright, making the dvd unwatchable)
HELP ME, PPPPPLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!
2.Also, ive tried to stop a film (dvd) on my ps2, turn the console off (standby), and play where i left off, i cant do this - it says u can do it in the ps2 instruction book - WHY CANT I DO THIS??!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.