GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats big, black, hard and not nice to get your hands on?..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
Answer....an Xbox controller!!!

The control pads really let down the otherwise impressive Xbox. Does anyone own and recommend any of the aftermarket pads that are sold by special reserve. Some of them seem to be shaped differently.

Also, i hear that the Japanese spec Xbox controller is slightly smaller and more comfortable and they're going to import them soon.
Tue 23/04/02 at 12:15
Regular
"Aye!"
whats black, hard and not nice to get your hands on?

a spanner coverd in hot tar
Tue 23/04/02 at 12:11
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I'm not doubting the cleverness and good design of the Xbox controller, i just guess it'll take a bit of getting used to. (A few more hundred hours of multiplayer Halo should do it!)
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:59
Yea I have obi-wan and I quite like it very fun to play with the forces :)
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:35
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Well Nomad, Halo is A MUST BUY!!!!! I have played a demo of PRoject Gotham racing and it looks and plays better than MSR i thought! Rallisport challenge looks realyl nice but i dont know how it plays.

I rented out Jet Set Radio Future.... and its great!!! Thats another must buy! Graphics are super, and you can defeat the police by spraying them, taking away the strees factor that the original did have. I think its much better than Jet Set Radio.

Wreckless... looks good, but the reviews I have seen of it, are not that spectacular. A bit shallow i have heard, there is not much else apart from completing teh 20 levels, all time based so it can get annoying I imagine... I ahev played a demo and though it was good, very fast. However i think steering and camera angles can be a bit annoying.

So far, I think you have to buy: Halo and JSRF

PGR I recommend and Rallisport Challenge and Oddworld.

Games which dont seem to be that great: Obi Wan, Bloodwake.

I hope i haev been of some help Nomad and welcome back.... I normally go down to my local blockbuster and rent out games first, thats the safest way!
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:20
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> OH Right, of course the cut is on friday. Im looknig forward to the
> reward pack where i get 2 free games and a controller. but id ont
> need another controller, wanna buy one off me when i get it?
> Nomad, are you on MSN?

I don't think I have MSN, at least I don't think so....
The Xbox pack I'm getting comes with Halo and 2 controllers, so I don't need another one. Thanks anyway.
What games do you think I should get first?
I thought Halo, PGR, Wreckless, and of course JSRF.
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
OH Right, of course the cut is on friday. Im looknig forward to the reward pack where i get 2 free games and a controller. but id ont need another controller, wanna buy one off me when i get it?
Nomad, are you on MSN?
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:57
Regular
Alright C_K, I've been in and out the forums but I've not writen much. I've been waiting to get my Xbox.... and this Friday I'll have one, so I'll be around this place a bit more often I guess.
The price-cut means I can afford one sooner than I thought!
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Nomad_Soul??????? Where have u been all this time????
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:48
Regular
The Xbox controller has a very similar design to the Dreamcasts, so in my book this means that it is very very good indeed.
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:41
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I find the X Box controller really comfy. I haev heard that the Gamecube one is uncomfortable, but ive never played with it.

Has anyone played a gamecube game? If you have, is the different button shaped controller hard to get used to? Cos it doesn't have round buttons in a diamond shape, like PLaystation, X Box or Dreamcast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.