GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buy a Gamecube? I'm tempted....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 14:17
Regular
Lets get things straight from the start. I've never owned a Nintendo and until recently i've never even thought twice about owning one.

Recently I played on a friend's Gamecube which he has owned for a few months. (its a Japanese Import) Some of the games are brilliant. Monkey Ball will have you laughing until your sides split.

If you want a fun-filled console at a stupid price (Rumours are its going down to £129!) then the Gamecube is for you. If you prefer the PS2 or Xbox... what the hell! Get 'em both. You could buy both consoles for the price i paid for the PS1 when it was launched (£350!)
Tue 23/04/02 at 18:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
devo wrote:
> ROUGE LEADER?!
>
> I guess it's the return of the campest squadron in Star Wars lore....

OOOO, get you!

ROGUE LEADER!! Happy now?!

;-)
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:33
I got a PS2 at launch. And now I could get a GameCube plus an XBox for marginally more than what I paid for the PS2 alone. It just goes to show that competition is a good thing.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:01
Regular
doublezero wrote:
> Saying the Gamecube has better games than the Xbox and PS2 is a
> controversial statement. I just believe the type of games on the GC
> are more fun and lighthearted. (Which some would say is how video
> games should be...)

Well said.
I like to think that the Gamecube also has the cream of the more serious type of game too. It might not have Halo or MGS2 but Perfect Dark, Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness gives a serious balance to the selection.

And like you said, who cares which one has the better games.
With the prices lowering by the second, we might soon find ourselves being able to afford both (a Gamecube + an "adult" Xbox/PS2)
Tue 23/04/02 at 13:45
ROUGE LEADER?!

I guess it's the return of the campest squadron in Star Wars lore....
Tue 23/04/02 at 12:13
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Saying the Gamecube has better games than the Xbox and PS2 is a controversial statement. I just believe the type of games on the GC are more fun and lighthearted. (Which some would say is how video games should be...)
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Yeah you really should get a GameCube it will be the best of the three out at the moment. It definately has the best line-up of games even for years to come. PS2 and X-Box can't match up to it with their games.
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Gamecube, 2 controllers, a memory card and ROUGE LEADER for £186?!!!

WOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

BUY IT!!!
Mon 22/04/02 at 14:17
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Lets get things straight from the start. I've never owned a Nintendo and until recently i've never even thought twice about owning one.

Recently I played on a friend's Gamecube which he has owned for a few months. (its a Japanese Import) Some of the games are brilliant. Monkey Ball will have you laughing until your sides split.

If you want a fun-filled console at a stupid price (Rumours are its going down to £129!) then the Gamecube is for you. If you prefer the PS2 or Xbox... what the hell! Get 'em both. You could buy both consoles for the price i paid for the PS1 when it was launched (£350!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.