GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Death in the Family"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/08 at 00:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sunday morning, 6th January 2008. 8:30am. We were going about our usual routine when all of a sudden she dropped dead. Right there in front of me. Gone from my life forever.

We only met 18 months ago, and that same feeling of excitement and passion for each other that was kindled back then was still as fresh as ever between us. We'd spend endless nights working together, sometimes we'd go at it all weekend and arrive bleary-eyed at work the following Monday. Between us we travelled the world and shared unique experiences that would be impossible otherwise. She introduced me to new friends, new places, new ways of doing things that previous partners couldn't compete with.

But now she's gone.

Fortunately with today's modern technology I was able to get help straight away. The online undertakers were great, sending out a coffin via UPS that same morning, but it still hasn't arrived. I occasionally glance over at her body lying there on the desk but know that it won't be for long, soon she'll be gone. I think sometimes about wrapping her in a towel to trying to resussitate her, but I saw the symptoms before she died and know there's no known cure for three red lights.

I was also 'lucky' in that I'd suffered bereavements before, so the shock, whilst intense, wasn't as capable as stunning me into lethargy as previous times. By Monday morning I was kicking around with an ex- that I dug out of the bottom drawer, kept there for emergencies such as this. But it's just not the same. She's slimmer, her cool blue light was always attractive to me and despite being and old flame she still has a few tricks up her sleeve, but she can't really compete, and she knows it.

I think she gets upset when I try to turn her on using the XBox 360 wireless controller by accident rather than her preferred method, a wired PS2 controller. She hasn't said anything about it but, you know, that silent treatment is still there.

I have at least 4 weeks to wait until modern technology brings my baby back to me, via UPS again I expect. I'm not sure I'll make it. Whilst it's somewhat fun kicking around old haunts and revisiting old acquaintances that I'd lost touch with over the years I miss the edge-of-the-seat excitement, cutting edge technology and extensive networking capabilities of my current love.

Plus we had unfinished business. It's annoying when friends drop by to let me know what's going on in their worlds when I should be there with them developing my characters, increasing my reputation, earning Gamer Score and just kicking around sometimes for the sheer fun of it. They're aware of my bereavement and are sometimes derisive about my current replacement, but deep down I think they're dead afraid of the same thing happening to them so they're trying to put on a brave face.

I feel left out. On the sidelines watching the action and not being able to influence the plays.

When your future is denied to you that past is sometimes a neat place to be, and currently I'm wallowing in it. I'm even thinking of hooking up with an old girl I met over 10 years ago, she's sure to be a bit rough around the edges now and I'm not even sure I've still got all the right moves to be able to get her up and running, but she's in there next to where I found my current panacea, a few wires wrapped around her and her VMU lying blank and dormant next to her. Might give her a whirl later on.

What is going to pull me through the next few weeks is an old flame that's always been there for me whenever things got tough. Although we haven't kept in direct contact for years, we've always been there for each other. Together we put an end to the evil machinations of the Shinra Corporation and saved the Planet countless times and sometimes, just for the sake of old times of it, we do it again, teaming up with Cloud, Barret, RedVIII, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent and Caitsith to put the world to rights and always, always choking when it comes to that scene with Aeris.

I am bereaved. I am taking consolation from the past rather than pushing forward, but that's my way of coping with things for now.

My advice to everyone else is that no matter how much you love someone, make sure you've got a few backups waiting in the wings just in case.
Sat 12/01/08 at 18:44
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Disaster! My 360 has just died again, this time no resurrection!
Wed 09/01/08 at 16:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Awwww hehe.

I thought I had lost my 360 the other day, I had brought it downstairs over Christmas to make use of the best TV, all went well then came the time to take it back upstairs. All leads and power connected. And I pressed the on button. It started to whirl the disk inside. Suddenly it stopped and I saw the dreaded red lights. I was annoyed muchly but I was determined it wasn't going to end like that, so out came the plug from the socket.

I then tried to turn it back on again after putting the plug back in, but nothing, not even the red lights. I tried to revive it for a good few minutes and I was ready to give up then I thought (being an expert in 360s - not) I would attempt to fix the problem by fiddling around the 360's back. There isn't actually a lot you can do except take out a few wires and replacing them again, but whatever I did it suddenly started up again. The red lights had vanished and were replaced with the green.

I don't know how it fixed itself but I was thankful to whatever had brought it back from the dead!
Wed 09/01/08 at 00:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sunday morning, 6th January 2008. 8:30am. We were going about our usual routine when all of a sudden she dropped dead. Right there in front of me. Gone from my life forever.

We only met 18 months ago, and that same feeling of excitement and passion for each other that was kindled back then was still as fresh as ever between us. We'd spend endless nights working together, sometimes we'd go at it all weekend and arrive bleary-eyed at work the following Monday. Between us we travelled the world and shared unique experiences that would be impossible otherwise. She introduced me to new friends, new places, new ways of doing things that previous partners couldn't compete with.

But now she's gone.

Fortunately with today's modern technology I was able to get help straight away. The online undertakers were great, sending out a coffin via UPS that same morning, but it still hasn't arrived. I occasionally glance over at her body lying there on the desk but know that it won't be for long, soon she'll be gone. I think sometimes about wrapping her in a towel to trying to resussitate her, but I saw the symptoms before she died and know there's no known cure for three red lights.

I was also 'lucky' in that I'd suffered bereavements before, so the shock, whilst intense, wasn't as capable as stunning me into lethargy as previous times. By Monday morning I was kicking around with an ex- that I dug out of the bottom drawer, kept there for emergencies such as this. But it's just not the same. She's slimmer, her cool blue light was always attractive to me and despite being and old flame she still has a few tricks up her sleeve, but she can't really compete, and she knows it.

I think she gets upset when I try to turn her on using the XBox 360 wireless controller by accident rather than her preferred method, a wired PS2 controller. She hasn't said anything about it but, you know, that silent treatment is still there.

I have at least 4 weeks to wait until modern technology brings my baby back to me, via UPS again I expect. I'm not sure I'll make it. Whilst it's somewhat fun kicking around old haunts and revisiting old acquaintances that I'd lost touch with over the years I miss the edge-of-the-seat excitement, cutting edge technology and extensive networking capabilities of my current love.

Plus we had unfinished business. It's annoying when friends drop by to let me know what's going on in their worlds when I should be there with them developing my characters, increasing my reputation, earning Gamer Score and just kicking around sometimes for the sheer fun of it. They're aware of my bereavement and are sometimes derisive about my current replacement, but deep down I think they're dead afraid of the same thing happening to them so they're trying to put on a brave face.

I feel left out. On the sidelines watching the action and not being able to influence the plays.

When your future is denied to you that past is sometimes a neat place to be, and currently I'm wallowing in it. I'm even thinking of hooking up with an old girl I met over 10 years ago, she's sure to be a bit rough around the edges now and I'm not even sure I've still got all the right moves to be able to get her up and running, but she's in there next to where I found my current panacea, a few wires wrapped around her and her VMU lying blank and dormant next to her. Might give her a whirl later on.

What is going to pull me through the next few weeks is an old flame that's always been there for me whenever things got tough. Although we haven't kept in direct contact for years, we've always been there for each other. Together we put an end to the evil machinations of the Shinra Corporation and saved the Planet countless times and sometimes, just for the sake of old times of it, we do it again, teaming up with Cloud, Barret, RedVIII, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent and Caitsith to put the world to rights and always, always choking when it comes to that scene with Aeris.

I am bereaved. I am taking consolation from the past rather than pushing forward, but that's my way of coping with things for now.

My advice to everyone else is that no matter how much you love someone, make sure you've got a few backups waiting in the wings just in case.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.