GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sometimes I think that the tabloids don't want us to win anything."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 12:46
Regular
So Sven may or may not be having a bit of a fling with Ulrika.

Hands up who actualy cares?

I mean apparently this story has been around for a while, but in time honoured tradition, about two months before England embark on a major tournament out comes the news.

Think back to the last championships. England had qualified as convincingly as we always do (*cough*), preparations were going quite well and it looked like England had a reasonably good chance of impressing.

Then two months or so before we were set to go, out came the whole 'Hoddle's spiritual healer' debacle. Not to mention the whole 'dentists chair' incident'.

And it is happening all over again.

I mean it makes a lot of sense. It would be really boring for the tabloids if we were the best team in the world. They would have nothing to write about, but you've got to question their timing.

I do appreciate that it is the job of the tabloids to report, it is just I don't think that this is really front page news, or back page for that matter.

I am also sure that this won't effect Sven's mentality in regards to focusing on the World Cup, but even a little part of him must be thinking what he has let himself in for.

I mean the Italian press are bad. But I don't think that they ever delved into his private life.

The other thing is that it has been a matter of days for the press to turn from the up-beat optimism of the 4-0 victory over Paraguay and the return to form of 'Wonder boy' Owen, to this sudden revelation of Sven actually having a sex life. Which is more important?
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:46
So Sven may or may not be having a bit of a fling with Ulrika.

Hands up who actualy cares?

I mean apparently this story has been around for a while, but in time honoured tradition, about two months before England embark on a major tournament out comes the news.

Think back to the last championships. England had qualified as convincingly as we always do (*cough*), preparations were going quite well and it looked like England had a reasonably good chance of impressing.

Then two months or so before we were set to go, out came the whole 'Hoddle's spiritual healer' debacle. Not to mention the whole 'dentists chair' incident'.

And it is happening all over again.

I mean it makes a lot of sense. It would be really boring for the tabloids if we were the best team in the world. They would have nothing to write about, but you've got to question their timing.

I do appreciate that it is the job of the tabloids to report, it is just I don't think that this is really front page news, or back page for that matter.

I am also sure that this won't effect Sven's mentality in regards to focusing on the World Cup, but even a little part of him must be thinking what he has let himself in for.

I mean the Italian press are bad. But I don't think that they ever delved into his private life.

The other thing is that it has been a matter of days for the press to turn from the up-beat optimism of the 4-0 victory over Paraguay and the return to form of 'Wonder boy' Owen, to this sudden revelation of Sven actually having a sex life. Which is more important?
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:50
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I must say I completely agree, who cares if Sven is having an affair. It's his private life. It does not impact in any way on his performance as manager. He is not even married to his girlfriend. Let the poor bloke carry on with what he is doing - and that is making England look like they actually know how to play football.
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I totally agree, I mean the other day (although this has nothing to do with footy) they were talking about Prince William wanting to change courses @ uni.

who cares?

Lets concentrate on important things at hand..I think this is something the media will never learn to do..

They contribute into some of the failures in the past and present

When David Beckham got sent off in the world cup or when Stuart Pearce missed the penalty, it was like all their fault for Englands failure..

I mean HELLO?

These players are meant to be playing for the country with pride and all the media goes and does it talk about the bad things, failures, personal lives et al

What ever happened to Success? Looking forward?

At the end of the day all they want is a 'Good Story Line' and not whats best for the Country.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't care about this story anyway - it's got nothing to do with football and I don't believe it!
Also, it appears that this story has taken all the attention away from 'Beckham's Foot'! - at long last!! :)

I honestly don't see why a Swedish woman in her 30's would want to go anywhere near an ugly, bolding 50+ with.... Oh, of course!! MONEY!!!

Oh well, that answers everything.
And lets face it, that's the only reason that young model (or whoever she was) was interested in him!
Footballers and their staff do get their fair share's worth of cash over the years!

She'll probably claim they're married or something and try to get a divorce and half of his money! Good luck!!
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:41
Regular
i totally agree i mean who gives a rats a*s about what goes on in svens private life?

if it doesnt affect is impact on the england side then i for one do not want to hear about it. nuff said.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:17
"Right!!!!!™"
Yeah keep out off his private life hes a good coach.
Tue 23/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
"simpsons rule"
they all ways stick there nose in where it aint wanted they should keep out of svens private life it is his busness who he sees.
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I also hate how they all seem to treat Eriksson like God or something, worshipping the ground he walks on!

All he's done is chosen 11 players to play football and basically told them how to play it in dodgy foreign-soudning English!
So it could all really be a mistake!!
And the same applies to Sir Alex and his mis-understandable Scottish acccent!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.