GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the X-box really better than the PS2?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 16:28
Regular
who thinks the X-box is better than the PS2?

remember it's the software that counts not the hardware
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Aye!"
who thinks the X-box is better than the PS2?

remember it's the software that counts not the hardware
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:32
I find the games more enjoyable on the x-box and I have the ps2 aswell as reassurance I wont go short on gaming :D
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Same here.
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:39
In a word Yes the X-BOX is a lot better than the PS2 but if you want proof then here you go:

Whether you are new to gaming on the X-BOX or just want a little more information on how this console will rip through the gaming market then you are at the right place, everything you need to know about hardware to software is all explained in detail below, I hope you enjoy reading!

Back in the March of 2000 was the first time that people new that there was going to be an X-BOX and it was announced via a Web-Wide news feed by none other than Bill Gates. Months went by without hearing anything on the console up until the X-BOX was unveiled in full at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in the January of 2001 where the WWF's The Rock joined Bill Gates on stage to show off this mighty console. After this things started to hot up for Bill Gates and Microsoft as we recieved technical information on how this console would tornado through the gaming world leaving no survivors. Then at E3 2001 the X-BOX recieved an official launch date for America " November 8th 2001 " and it would have a price tag of $299.

Since American companies like 'Atari' and 3DO could not strike the gaming console with enough power or money Bill Gates knew exactly what to do and with a marketing budget of '500 million dollars' Bill knew that he could strike all gamers around the world with something special. Microsoft have the financial backing to aid their team of excellent developers to make sure that anything they designed would most defiantley hit the market with at a giant velocity.

The X-BOX is probably the size of your average VCR, but it needs to be as it houses the most complex and origonal system that no other console has done so far. In the center of the console lies the famous "X" which makes the X-BOX stand out and show people what it is!

The console itself is home to 4 USB controller ports, front loading DVD drive and the standard eject button all on the front of it. The back of the console consists of yor standard Audio/Video out port, the power supply outlet and a special digital port for HDTV.

Instead of doing what other consoles have done to this date the X-BOX has taken a brave and successful leap into adding an " 8GB Hard Drive " which neither the PS2 or GameCube have done into the console itself to cut down on the loading times and make it easier for game saves onto the X-BOX instead of the usual memory card, although the memory card can be bought if data needs to be transfered from one X-BOX to another. The Hard Crive will also eventually be used to download extra charcters, levels and gaming demos.

To play DVD's on the X-BOX an additional DVD playback kit has to be purchased at a price of £29 and consists of an up market DVD Remote and reciever which is plugged into one of the 4 USB ports on the front of the X-BOX. The games come on standard DVD discs and in DVD cases just like the PS2's do.

The X-BOX is by far the most complex and powerful console on the market and here are the figures to proove it:

X-BOX - The X-BOX has a '733mhz' processor and is based upon the Intel Pentium III version which comes with most PC's. The X-BOX comes with 64mb of unified DRAM and it doubles the power of the PS2. The Video Card runs at 250 MHz and is developed by Nvidia, Nvidia are behind the popular GeForce video cards for the PC and they deliver the most optimum speed and power and are far superior to any othe graphics card on the market. The X-BOX can deliver '4' similatneous textures per object which is only half of the GameCubes but twice as much as the PS2. The graphics resolution is the most superior to the other 2 next generation consoles and the X-CHIP can display a maximum graphics resolution of '1920x1080'. The X-BOX can display up to '125 million' polygons per second and is shown in the top games such as 'HALO' and 'PROJECT GOTHAM RACING'. The Xbox is also capable of broadcasting 256 simultaneous stereo voices through 64 different channels. Dolby Surround is a snap for the Xbox, and overall, the auditory experience found in Xbox games is far superior to that of both the PlayStation 2 and GameCube.

The Peripherals of the X-BOX are all listed below and they all carry their own characteristics of design and performance:

1. The X-BOX controller has been compiled from weeks of play testing and analysing which size fits most people with the greatest confort and pleasure. It contains 2 seperate rumble features which have certain degrees of power which are effected by in-game play. 2 analog sticks plus an 8 way D-PAD add to the experience which is the X-BOX. The back of the contoller is home to additional peripherals which can be bought at a later date after purchasing the console, the memory card goes in here. The controller retails at about £20

2. The X-BOX Memory card is used Despite the fact that the Xbox comes stock with an 8GB hard drive. How else can someone take characters and game saves to a friend's house? Similar to the PlayStation 2 memory card, the Xbox Memory Unit will hold 8MB of data. It is enough to hold saves for well over a dozen games. The Xbox Memory Unit plugs into the top of two expansion slots located on the back of the Xbox controller. The Memory card retails at around £25.

3. The X-BOX As mentioned earlier does not have the ability to play DVD movies out of the box. To enable DVD movie playback, a separate remote must be purchased. A small port plugs into one of the Xbox's four controller ports and the remote communicates with it. The remote comes with all the functionality you'll need to enjoy DVD movies to the fullest, such as scene selection alternate angles and menu commands. The DVD Movie Playback Kit retails for around £30.

The X-BOX as other consoles do also lets 3rd party companies design for them, theses comapnies do a wide range of special peripherals that enhance the gaming capabilities of the X-BOX.

The release callendar for the coming year is lookig far better than any other console and it consists of:

Die Hard Chase
Championship Manager 2001/2002 Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
SSX Tricky Unreal Championship
Spider Man - The Movie Game Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Commandos 2 Gun Valkyrie
Prisoner Of War The Thing
Bruce Lee Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Conflict Desert Storm Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Colin McRae Rally 3
GTA3

Added to the excellent and ground Breaking:

Halo
Max Payne
WWF: Raw Is War
Wreckless
Project Gotham Racing
Dead Or Alive 3
Jet Set Radio Future
Amped
Genma Onimusha
Munch's Oddysee
Dark Summit

All these show the true power of the console and show why this is definatley the console to choose. This is a relativley new console and the release titles show that the X-BOX has the most potential and deadly weapons that will kill off its rivals with ease.

The X-BOX is the greatest console ever and I have the facts to proove it, the release callendar looks Jaw Dropping and the games out are to die for. The X-BOX delivers the mostt compelling graphics ever seen on a console and they are sometimes hard to believe despite knowing what the X-BOX can do. I origonally owned a PS2 but sold it to buy this great machine and I have been in games for about 10 years now and I have owned all the top consoles and I know for sure that this is no phony joke, THIS IS THE X-BOX!

Thankyou for reading my post and if you have anything to add to what I have put then please do, if this has made you change your mind about the X-BOX, say so! If this does not excite you or please you say why, add any comments on the X-BOX and it's potentials and I will reply with the answer, once again thankyou for taking the time to read my post and I hope you enjoyed finding out about the true power of THE MICROSOFT X-BOX.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Aye!"
Tue 23/04/02 at 17:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm sure it wasn't necessary to quote the WHOLE passage he wrote was it ??
Tue 23/04/02 at 22:47
Xbox rulz!.most of the games on Playstation2 r coming out on Xbox anyway
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Aye!"
in that case if they have the same games then i might as well stay with Sony
Wed 24/04/02 at 12:38
Regular
"BOSE"
Xbox is far superiour than any other console :)
Wed 24/04/02 at 12:58
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Yes Xbox does indeed kick butt :)

MetalGear2King=======>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please contact me [email protected], I would like to run something past you m8

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.