GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give the OAP's a games-console!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 13:44
Regular
Have you ever thought of how bored old people must get? If they are in a retirement home then they just sit in their room all day and occasionally get visitors. They dwell on the memories they have and think about the next time they get a visit from the family. For those OAP’s who don’t have families then they have very little things to look forward to. It would be great if all the OAP’s spent their last few years having fun instead of sitting at the window waiting …

Wouldn’t it be great if in every retirement there were a games console! Think how much enjoyment it would bring them. Either racing the streets of Liberty city in their favourite car or competing in the winter Olympics! Some OAP’s don’t have full use of their joints and driving is out of the question. Games could help them get closer to their hobbies that they can no longer do.

A driving game such as WRC could take them into a world far from reality. Not being able to drive must annoy a lot of people especially OAP’s. Driving on some of the meanest dirt tracks in Africa could give them some compensation. Or for the football fan playing in the world cup would be a dream. Also if the OAP’s could play their grandchildren over the Internet on games such as THPS3. I know that most of the games which are out at the moment wouldn’t interest many OAP’s but if there were some new ones made especially for them.

When they were children they didn’t have half as much things as were have nowadays. Children in today’s world have far more than they need to keep them amused. Don’t get me wrong I think its great, but older people now missed out on all this technology and it would be really cool if they could catch up on it through games and graphics.

To play on games such as commandoes 2 would bring memories back to them and on other war games such as medal of honour. If they could get interested I think they would enjoy the games of today’s world.

Just an idea :) what do you think of OAP’s having no games back in their childhood. Wouldn’t it be great if they were playing video games? Their grandchildren could race against them or beat them up in Teken or vies-versa.
:) Give the OAP’s a console.
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:44
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Have you ever thought of how bored old people must get? If they are in a retirement home then they just sit in their room all day and occasionally get visitors. They dwell on the memories they have and think about the next time they get a visit from the family. For those OAP’s who don’t have families then they have very little things to look forward to. It would be great if all the OAP’s spent their last few years having fun instead of sitting at the window waiting …

Wouldn’t it be great if in every retirement there were a games console! Think how much enjoyment it would bring them. Either racing the streets of Liberty city in their favourite car or competing in the winter Olympics! Some OAP’s don’t have full use of their joints and driving is out of the question. Games could help them get closer to their hobbies that they can no longer do.

A driving game such as WRC could take them into a world far from reality. Not being able to drive must annoy a lot of people especially OAP’s. Driving on some of the meanest dirt tracks in Africa could give them some compensation. Or for the football fan playing in the world cup would be a dream. Also if the OAP’s could play their grandchildren over the Internet on games such as THPS3. I know that most of the games which are out at the moment wouldn’t interest many OAP’s but if there were some new ones made especially for them.

When they were children they didn’t have half as much things as were have nowadays. Children in today’s world have far more than they need to keep them amused. Don’t get me wrong I think its great, but older people now missed out on all this technology and it would be really cool if they could catch up on it through games and graphics.

To play on games such as commandoes 2 would bring memories back to them and on other war games such as medal of honour. If they could get interested I think they would enjoy the games of today’s world.

Just an idea :) what do you think of OAP’s having no games back in their childhood. Wouldn’t it be great if they were playing video games? Their grandchildren could race against them or beat them up in Teken or vies-versa.
:) Give the OAP’s a console.
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I just wrote this reply in the PS2 forums but i'll say it again here:
If you check to GAD winners 1 section on 5/2/02 you'll see my 'OAP Interactive' spoof, where i made up a load of games suitable for the older generation. It was pretty funny and worth a read (even if i do say so myself!)
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:32
"Right!!!!!™"
Good post Kerrang.
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:34
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Thanks, not many people are bothering to reply to it! :) Thanks for your reply though
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:41
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Good post Kerrang! Hmm, I wonder if we will we be playing games when we are much older? probably.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.