GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are P.C games begining to suffer in the console war?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 09:59
Regular
I'm not really sure about this one but i think that P.C games arent coming out in their thousands any more. the last good quality games to come to the P.C were GTA3 and JK2! i suppose you can also include Sims on holiday and hot date but really their are not enough P.c games coming out any more! i tried to find a good P.c game that was coming out in the next month or two for the P.c but I cant find anything so Ive given up! I already have all of the above and Ive practically completed them all other than the sims games which you cant really complete!

I have also noticed that these low budget game packs are coming out. They are in DVD cases and their are now loads of companys that do this. They are mass producing old games for the P.c and knocking em out for a fiver! ive already got a few games out of these ranges and sometimes you can get a relatively decent game. but the majority are pretty pants!

here are just a few of the companys selling these cheap we packaged games: Sold out software, Best of infogrames and Xplosiv are just a few of these game packages! However ive got some good games form these companies such as Redguard and driver. Ive completed them both now!

i think the reason for the collapse in mass production of P.c games is because of the console war. It has been producing tons of top quality games for every console on the market and people are straying from there p.cs back to their consoles which have been evrgrowing better. the PS2 for example had some pretty good release date titles but lacked a bit of a boost! Now it has devil may cry, jax and dakster, agent under fire, Gta3,star wars starfighter and many other quality titles which have helped to send it above the P.C. Even when games come out for both the P.C and PS2 there seem to be more copies bought for the Ps2 by a mile. medal of honour was a classic example of this. when it came out the pS2 sold way more than the P.C. maybe this is why game manufacturers are taking there business away from the P.C and going to people like microsoft and sony where they will sell alot more games! this will eventually result in no one buying games for the p.c cos there are none coming out!

what was the last p.c game you bought?
Is the great frontier of P.C gaming at an end?
What about online gameing, surely more games should be being produced with this feature?
Where are the P.C games going?
Is there some all mighty power at the end of the earth destroying all P.C games one by one!?
Sun 21/04/02 at 11:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You know the PC doesn't need thousands of games each month. This is because most PC titles are released with map editors and similar tools, these give hardcore gamers the chance to make their own version of the game.

Look at counter strike. This was a game that was made by fans of half life who wanted to make a good multiplayer game. It became a great multiplayer game, and is now one of the most popular online shooters on the PC. Whats more it is free to download, just like most other fan made add-ons.

Its probably this reason why developers don't make as many games for the PC as any of the consoles. And because of this PC gamers benifit more from games,I'd say than console owners.
Sun 21/04/02 at 10:45
"Mimmargh!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> what was the last p.c game you bought?
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault

> Is the great frontier of P.C gaming at an end?
No....just wait for Doom 3 and Duke Nukem Forever

> What about online gameing, surely more games should be being produced
> with this feature?
They are, some games are close to being pure online...like Unreal 2

> Where are the P.C games going?
To PC stores so people can buy them

> Is there some all mighty power at the end of the earth destroying all
> P.C games one by one!?
No
Sun 21/04/02 at 09:59
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I'm not really sure about this one but i think that P.C games arent coming out in their thousands any more. the last good quality games to come to the P.C were GTA3 and JK2! i suppose you can also include Sims on holiday and hot date but really their are not enough P.c games coming out any more! i tried to find a good P.c game that was coming out in the next month or two for the P.c but I cant find anything so Ive given up! I already have all of the above and Ive practically completed them all other than the sims games which you cant really complete!

I have also noticed that these low budget game packs are coming out. They are in DVD cases and their are now loads of companys that do this. They are mass producing old games for the P.c and knocking em out for a fiver! ive already got a few games out of these ranges and sometimes you can get a relatively decent game. but the majority are pretty pants!

here are just a few of the companys selling these cheap we packaged games: Sold out software, Best of infogrames and Xplosiv are just a few of these game packages! However ive got some good games form these companies such as Redguard and driver. Ive completed them both now!

i think the reason for the collapse in mass production of P.c games is because of the console war. It has been producing tons of top quality games for every console on the market and people are straying from there p.cs back to their consoles which have been evrgrowing better. the PS2 for example had some pretty good release date titles but lacked a bit of a boost! Now it has devil may cry, jax and dakster, agent under fire, Gta3,star wars starfighter and many other quality titles which have helped to send it above the P.C. Even when games come out for both the P.C and PS2 there seem to be more copies bought for the Ps2 by a mile. medal of honour was a classic example of this. when it came out the pS2 sold way more than the P.C. maybe this is why game manufacturers are taking there business away from the P.C and going to people like microsoft and sony where they will sell alot more games! this will eventually result in no one buying games for the p.c cos there are none coming out!

what was the last p.c game you bought?
Is the great frontier of P.C gaming at an end?
What about online gameing, surely more games should be being produced with this feature?
Where are the P.C games going?
Is there some all mighty power at the end of the earth destroying all P.C games one by one!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.