GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pink Display!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
I had a new floor laid yesterday, so naturally, I removed my PC from the room. I put it back in, hooked it up, and my NEX Multisync 1510+ TFT seems to show everything in a shade of pink.

I've tried everything in the display properties box, used the monitors OSD function, and reseated the graphics card to no avail.

Anyone, help, please!
Mon 22/04/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Well, its obviously a monitor probelm..no bent pins, mains connection checks out etc..

Have been onto Mesh, and hopefully will get a replacement (I think NEC have stopped making my model, so I may even get a newer model :) )

Thanks for your help guys, Dan
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:57
Had a similar problem with mine it went pinky/purple. It turned out to be a loose connection in the mains socket in the wall causing some sort of power problem. It was all ok when the socket was fixed.
Mon 22/04/02 at 08:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Is your monitor still under guarantee? how old is it?
Sun 21/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
Twain wrote:
> When I left it on standby through the night, it started showing wierd
> colours and then, after a few days of the wrong colours, it burnt out.
> The whole display went black and now I have a new monitor.

Sounds like the answer then bud, you just need to trash it beyond any use and buy a new one
; )
sorry, i can't actually help, but i wanted to contribute : )
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Darkness_2K wrote:
> Cheers Foggy mate, but I take it you were joking?
>
> Well, sorry to burst your bubble, your joke has backfired.....I've hit
> it numerous times already :)

Well it was a semi-joke :p my monitor went pink/purple a while back, just needed a slight nudge and it was fine.
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:56
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
When I left it on standby through the night, it started showing wierd colours and then, after a few days of the wrong colours, it burnt out. The whole display went black and now I have a new monitor.
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Do you turn it off when you shut down your computer or do you put it on standby?
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:42
Take it back to Mesh and Get a new one?
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Plugs and pins are OK. Tried it on another PC, same problem.

Anything else?
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:08
Regular
Have you tried degausing it? I know that's for eliminating magnetic problems, but magnetising a monitor changes the colours around a little..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.