GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it still possible for Man Utd?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 06:20
Regular
Can Man Utd really catch up with the got favourites Arsenla for the league title or is it already over for them? Even if they can't make it, we must remember that they had a terrible start of the season. It is really very difficult to catch up their dissapointing first few games. SO I have to hand it to them. Forget about Liverpool cos they are a team that can never win anything but makes a team lose.
Sun 21/04/02 at 06:20
Can Man Utd really catch up with the got favourites Arsenla for the league title or is it already over for them? Even if they can't make it, we must remember that they had a terrible start of the season. It is really very difficult to catch up their dissapointing first few games. SO I have to hand it to them. Forget about Liverpool cos they are a team that can never win anything but makes a team lose.
Sun 21/04/02 at 11:27
Regular
put it this way i would rather put my money on liverpool winning rather than the scum. And yes it is stilll possible for the scum to win it.

as long as arsenal can win their last 4 games then in the fifth against the scum they can afford to slip up.
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:23
"Right!!!!!™"
I think man u aint gotta chance off winning it i think arsenal have the best chance and personnally i would like some else to win it for a change, and i wouldent mind if liverpool won it and i hate! them.
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:26
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Man U do have a chance, although it is a slim one. Personally I would rather Arsenal win it than Liverpool, because they have played good attacking football all season, whereas Liverpool try to nick a goal then pick teams off on the counter-attack, which isn't as good for the neutral to watch, (apart from against Bayer....te he!)

If it comes down to the United vs. Arsenal game for the championship, I would bet on United winning, they are on a real roll at the moment, and I think they will win every game now for the rest of the season, including in Europe.
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:57
Regular
"simpsons rule"
it is still posible for manchester united but they will have to titen up at the back, and any chances they get to score, and if they play aswell in the premiership as the champions legue they should win but it is going to be close.
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:11
Looking at a new and improved Manchester United side at the start of the season, not many would have predicted the trouble they had in the early stages of the year – in recent times a sub 5th placing in the table would have been unheard of, Alex Ferguson’s squad just weren’t doing what they should be, with notable defeats to the likes of Bolton and a 3-0 drubbing by Chelsea at Old Trafford, the red devils didn’t get off to a dream start. I don't know if they can do it, today's result in the Arsenal Ipswich game is very important I think.

However, whatever the problem was, it seemed to sort itself out later on, and they’re now in contention for the Premier League title, this season has been the most exciting by a long way in my view. A semi final place in the Champions League, albeit it without David Beckham and a 2nd place footing right near Liverpool and Arsenal in the table, in my opinion it’s another successful season for the most supported team in the world. Even if they don’t return with any silverware whatsoever, and there’s a good chance that they won’t, their fans should still be content (even though they won’t be) with what they’ve achieved this season.

Summer signing Ruud van Nistelrooy has van pelted everything in the 6yard box, endearing himself to the 66,000 Old Trafford posse, even non United supports have to admire the man’s certain level of arrogance – he plays with confidence, he’s a clean player and scored for 8 games in a row. Best signing of the season, excellent value next to the £30m + Veron!

Manchester United continue to play with a flair and sense of upper class football that only the top few European clubs have, they show complete professionalism and seeing as they’re the last British team in Europe I will definitely be wanting them to win it, although I don’t think they’ll get the league this time round. They manage to do something that most other clubs wish they could; have fantastically talented individuals who always play as a team, something that Chelsea, for example, haven’t been doing in the past few years although they’re nearly there now.

Barthez is for me the third best keeper in the Premiership, after Shay Given and Chelsea’s Cudicini. Fabien has improved throughout the season, but some early mistakes where he’s taken on one defender too many have definitely cost United a good few points. Yet Barthez is one of the most agile goalkeepers in the world, France no.1 and shows a real character at Old Trafford. He has controlled himself a lot more recently, no longer thinking he can dribble past some of the Premiership’s best strikers…

Gary Neville has been sensational all season, a defender who rarely attracts media attention unless he’s complaining about the amount of games he has to play each week – at £20,000 + p/w I’d play as much as they told me to!! A definite for the England world cup squad, Neville is probably the best right back in the country – good lad.

Lauren Blanc replaced the formidable Jaap Stam for reasons that I still don’t understand, in my view he’s not quite the same player in terms of quality. A couple of own goals this season, a few mistakes, but he’s still a French international and a worthy Man United defender, I just don’t think he brings the same air of authority as Stam did.

Wes Brown or Ronny Johnson usually partner Blanc, I’d play Johnson there personally, although young Wes Brown played brilliantly against Chelsea the other day. Both are excellent tacklers of the ball, and although Brown has more aerial ability, but doesn’t have the experience of old Ronny.

Mikael Silvestre would play left back, with the freedom to make some darting wide runs, he’s a very low profile player but plays nearly every week. A sound professional, never gets himself into any trouble and has the skills and know-how to keep Manchester United at the top and keep strikers away from the goal. A great player all round.

Ryan Giggs is a certainty for the left wing position. He’s got unbelievable skill - can twist and turn past players and often produces a goal at the end of it. He’s been at United all of his career and is actually their longest serving player (who actually plays). In my opinion he’s just a good a player as David Beckham, if he was English and not Welsh we’d probably have the best international team in the world, Ryan Giggs is definitely the man. He puts 110% every game, is the model professional and used to work in a fish and chips shop!

Roy Keane, another top quality Manchester United, their captain and one of the best midfielders in the world. He’s got the determination, aggression and experience as well as every other necessary attribute to make him a world class player - you just know that a fully fit Roy Keane would never be on the bench for the side. He can score goals from distance, although his main role is holding the midfield – a link player of the best quality. If he kept his temperament down a bit, he’d be even better.

Paul Scholes another brilliant, brilliant player and one of England’s great goal scorers. Manchester United hit gold, or possibly ginger, when they signed up Scholes. He came under a bit of stick earlier on this season, but rapidly won his place back in the squad, and plays week in week out. Playing the attacking midfielder role, he’s a great striker of the ball and holds it up well too.

Veron would probably play, but I’d be tempted to sell him while he’s still worth in the region of what they bought him for. Without doubt Veron is one of the best passers of the ball in the world, he played a pinpoint ball to Solskjaer against Deportivo in the Champions League and that really did make him stand out, but his form isn’t as consistent as it should be, with Beckham out, there’s room for Keane Scholes and Veron in the squad, I guess selections are difficult for Mr Ferguson, but only in the best way.

David Beckham – England hero, best player in Europe, most famous broken foot in the world, has made the most back pages in recent years and of course could be out for our world cup. Hopefully he’ll be back, if not he’ll be there for Euro 2004 and the next world cup, but I think he’ll be ok! Beckham is something else, the best set piece and in-swinging cross taker I’ve ever seen play. Got us to the world cup, it’s only fair that he should play in them too.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would play up front with Van Nistelrooy, although it is a shame not to see Dwight Yorke ever play for United, he was a prolific goalscorer a couple of seasons back, but baby faced assassin Ole has proven a point – he doesn’t have to start on the bench to score goals, the perfect striking partner for the Dutchman.

Alex will be there for a few more seasons now, the team could still win the league if Arsenal slips up, they’ve got a few injury problems at the moment and still manage to trounce Chelsea 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, a top class side – I wish them all the luck for the Champions League.

We’re so used to United succeeding that sometimes we stop to think why they’re doing it. It’s not to annoy us all, it’s because they’re one of the best outfits in the country, if not the world and they fully deserve the success that they achieve.
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:14
New name :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.