GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Occupation Must End"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 17:47
Regular
Is anyone else really annoyed at the americans ripping off everyone elses history to make films for themselves??? I am, take U571 for example, where the yanks get the inigma machine, for starters they didn't even get the story right and secondly the yanks weren't even in the war at that point. Considering all the help we and the rest of the world has given them I find this attitude quite spitefull. I understand they have no history of there own but that's no excuse to ripping everyone elses off. I think we need to make a film back at them, like the communist taking over america, or the english never giving them the Abomb, as well as following the French example and limiting the number of american films shown here. What does everyone else think, if ya don't agree then I'm not listening (your oppinion holds no value to me).
Wed 24/04/02 at 13:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The yanks have been stepping allover our history for years, Braveheart is a prime example. I've seen alot of shows which tell the story of the Scotish hero totaly different to what holywood have, It makes watching the film more difficult to sit and enjoy since most of what the director has put up there, has been made up to bring in the money.

Another example is saving private ryan. A great film, but Spielberg for some reason left out the british and french forces. Although I wasn't there myself during the landings, I would guess some of the soldiers from planet america would have bumped into british paratroopers or french sas.

These films sacrifice realism and history to make money. I know it doesn't happen in all historic films, but it is annoying when big shot director takes it upon himself to rewrite our history books.
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Bobba you"
I think this post was a load off rubbish!
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:47
Is anyone else really annoyed at the americans ripping off everyone elses history to make films for themselves??? I am, take U571 for example, where the yanks get the inigma machine, for starters they didn't even get the story right and secondly the yanks weren't even in the war at that point. Considering all the help we and the rest of the world has given them I find this attitude quite spitefull. I understand they have no history of there own but that's no excuse to ripping everyone elses off. I think we need to make a film back at them, like the communist taking over america, or the english never giving them the Abomb, as well as following the French example and limiting the number of american films shown here. What does everyone else think, if ya don't agree then I'm not listening (your oppinion holds no value to me).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.