GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best game of 07"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/08 at 10:59
Regular
I didn't buy many games last year.. was quite a hectic year... But you tell me what was the best game of 07?
Fri 11/01/08 at 15:51
Regular
A game that looks really amazing but I haven't gotten round to buying or [payng yet is Metroid Prime 3. Ohhh and Zelda Phantom Hourglass. I'm slipping
Fri 11/01/08 at 14:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nothing else managed to grab me quite as much as Bioshock,
> truely stunning game from start to finish. Amazing art
> direction, incredible use of audio and one of the best and most
> involving story's in any game I've ever played.

Ah yeah, I remember reading a bit about Bioshock and seeing a pretty awesome video for it... another game to add to my must-have list!
Fri 11/01/08 at 14:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
COD4 for me.

One of the few games of last year that I bothered to get 1000/1000 on because it was so much fun to do, and I normally detest the FPS genre.

Runners up: Blue Dragon and, love it or hate it, Two Worlds, both fantastically immersive RPGs. Blue Dragon had an awful lot to do and was quality all the way, Two Worlds was a glitch-fest but if you could get past the shoddy frame rate and overall bugginess there was some sublime gameplay to be had, and I was captivated.

Special Mention: Bioshock for its quality, Mass Effect for its originality, both didn't quite make the cut due to repetitiveness.
Fri 11/01/08 at 11:36
Regular
Bioshock for me

Nothing else managed to grab me quite as much as Bioshock, truely stunning game from start to finish. Amazing art direction, incredible use of audio and one of the best and most involving story's in any game I've ever played.

Only slight downer was the rather questionable end boss, but the rest of the game was so amazing and well thought that it didn't matter.
Fri 11/01/08 at 11:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well for me, it's easily God of War 2 :)

CoD4 looked fun, but I hate fps games.

That or Gears of War simply for the Co-op mission mode.
Thu 10/01/08 at 19:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
Call Of Duty 4, there hasn't been many FPS games in my life that have made me want to play through all at once but CoD4 just was pure fun all the time.

Portal is right up there on my list but the length just isn't enough to make it my best of the year.
Thu 10/01/08 at 16:42
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Whoa again hehe. Was that using just one character?
Thu 10/01/08 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Silent Thunder wrote:
>
> Whoa, some effort! How long did that take?

Long enough! I wasn't hooked up online when I got it so I can't tell you for definate but it was probably 2-3 months, then a 9 month gap followed by another 3 weeks for the Shivering Isles achievements!
Thu 10/01/08 at 16:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
ButchML wrote:
> The only game good enough on that console
> that made me bothered enough to complete all the achievements.

Whoa, some effort! How long did that take?
Tue 08/01/08 at 17:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This is a difficult one for me to answer really as I spent most of my gaming time on World of Warcraft which was released in '05 or '06 I think, so that doesn't count. I would say Mario Galaxy but I didn't get that till last week so... by default the winner is Oblivion on the 360. The only game good enough on that console that made me bothered enough to complete all the achievements.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.