GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Road Rash"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'road rash'.
Sat 05/01/08 at 23:45
"keep a rockin'"
I set my ps1 up the other day just too have a play of some of my massive collection of PS1 games that i own, when i came a cross Road Rash.

As soon as i saw it i could remember how much fun i had playing it !
I put it on immedietly and started the fun all over again !
Its great.
Ok... The graphics are nowhere near the standards of say a PS3 but thats not the case...

That Game brought so much joy when i was playing it unlike some PS3 games that i have..

Motorstorm for instince was no where near as much fun as it and i like motorstorm alot !

I would love it if the producers of road rash would bring out a new one for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

How good would that be !

Have you any suggestions for a good old classic to be brought back ?
if so this is the place to make a mention...!
Fri 18/01/08 at 14:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
ah, road rash awesome game. The amount of time i would crash over the finish line was brilliant. It can be quite an excellent tactic at times as you smash into a sign post head on and fly accross the finish line, hopefully faster then the person on the bike.
Fri 18/01/08 at 13:38
"possibly impossible"
If you've got custom firmware, just torrent them. Pretty much all of the PS1 games you can remember are available already formatted for PSP. You just need to stick them in the /GAME folder inside their own folder eg /GAME/SOULBLADE
Thu 17/01/08 at 20:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Cheers pb, will try and find the way of doing it without a PS3 (not got one and wont get one for a few years yet :p)
Thu 17/01/08 at 12:40
"possibly impossible"
hippyman wrote:
> pb wrote:
> I just love playing the old PS1 stuff on my PSP. Just put
> Alien
> Trilogy on it, still looks fantastic on the PSP screen.
>
> That sounds good. How do you do that? I've loads of PS1 games
> and dont want rid of them but cant really set up my PS1

Last firmware update on the PS3 lets you do it from the PS3 to PSP, or you can just get the latest custom firmware on your PSP and download the tool for ripping your PS1 CD to PC then PSP (or download ones that are already done!).
Thu 17/01/08 at 11:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:
> I just love playing the old PS1 stuff on my PSP. Just put Alien
> Trilogy on it, still looks fantastic on the PSP screen.

That sounds good. How do you do that? I've loads of PS1 games and dont want rid of them but cant really set up my PS1
Wed 16/01/08 at 23:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Your Honour wrote:
> I've got an Amiga emulator on my Xbox, and I sometimes still play
> it. A damn fine game.

i`ve still got my Amiga 4000 :D
workbench asteroids ftw!
Wed 16/01/08 at 22:22
"possibly impossible"
Speed Kings. That was it!

Good game, expect you can find it on budget somewhere.
Wed 16/01/08 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
Grandprix wrote:
> I would think the success of Burnout may be a reason we haven't
> seen a new Road Rash. You would think Criterion would be a
> perfect fit seeing as Burnout is essentially Road Rash in cars.

There was something similar on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. Burnout with bikes and a little bit of the kicking etc from Road Rash. Yellow packaging...can't remember the name. Quite a good game too.

Anyway, real question is: Why did you need to unpack the PS1 when your PS3 could have played the game and maybe improved the graphics a little. Ah, unless it was a copy. Those little action replay dongles and some blank CDs = endless PS1 games.

I just love playing the old PS1 stuff on my PSP. Just put Alien Trilogy on it, still looks fantastic on the PSP screen.
Wed 16/01/08 at 11:04
Regular
I've got an Amiga emulator on my Xbox, and I sometimes still play it. A damn fine game.
Fri 11/01/08 at 22:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Your Honour wrote:
> Stunt Car Racer.
>
> XBLA version with online play? I think I'd buy a 360 just for
> that.

hells yeah. the flaming engine animations as you accelerate are worth it alone!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.