GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insanity"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 23:15
Regular
Looking blankly at the screen, day in, day out watching the latest news come and go... Resident Evil - Gamecube Exclusive, Final Fantasy on the Gamecube, Rare to go Multi-format... watching this screen all day keeping a close eye on the industry surrounding the Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance.

And then I noticed something, Jet Set Radio Future... but its in the X-box section better not go, well it might be worth a look, maybe it's multi-format, I’ll check. *Click* Oh my god this is the X-box, look at the awesome Dead or Alive 3 wow, look how amazing that is just look at those special moves, how fast how... how... how amazing, and Jet Set Radio Future it looks so good, and Halo I mean oh my word, games like this exist on other consoles but Nintendo? That settles it after Gamecube I am getting the X-box... £300???? With no game, *sigh* ah well back to the wonderful land of Gamecube. Mario Golf and Tennis on the Gamecube, Super Mario World X??? Mario Sunshine this year and... What is this, shock X-box announcement?

I can't click I might get tempted over again, I may go looking back at the X-box and oh what the hell I promise I will keep the £300 price tag in my mind no matter what the announcement... X-box now £200, o...k. Now what, all those beautiful games, are now possible, I can play Dead or Alive 3, I can play Jet Set Radio Future I CAN PLAY HALO!!!!! The something cube the erm oh I forget I want an X-box, Project Gotham looks trendy too, I... must... get... I... must... change... I... must... leave... Nintendo!

In a passionate frenzy I click on the Buy X-box link, my details? Oh yes erm here we go right name: oh no what’s my name, oh yes chri...

"What are you doing Chris?" said a familiar voice

"Nothing, Nothing at all" I replied trying to cover the screen.

"You were going to buy an X-box, weren't you Chris?" he continued

"Maybe but its now ONLY £200!!!" I exclaimed!

"But Chris, the Gamecube is just £165 and the games are cheaper, you weren't going to choose an x-box over the Gamecube were you Chris, you’ve avoided temptation for so long you were not going to give in with just 2 weeks left?" He asked.

"But Mario, games like Halo, Jet Set Radio Future and Dead or Alive 3 look REAAAALLLY Good" I insisted.

"But then what Chris? A few good PS2 ports, a few movie licenses and then nothing, you know of the Mario's, the Zelda's, you know about Resident Evil are they not 'REAAAALLLY Good', please Chris don't lose your roots" pleaded Mario.

I blinked, looked blankly at the order form and clicked on the X button in the corner. With that the page disappeared along with the Italian plumber who had his hand on my shoulder. I glanced around the room and saw my GBA, Mario World was in it and I turned it on:

"Only 2 weeks to go" I said.

Dringo.
Sun 21/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Well done for not giving in Dringo.
Sun 21/04/02 at 15:07
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Dringo wrote:
> "Only 2 weeks to go" I said.

Well done.
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:59
Regular
Pikachu battles the PS2 for me and Mario just keeps me in check...
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:11
scary story there Dringo good thing Mario was there to save you
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:05
"Right!!!!!™"
Mystique wrote:
> Is there anything else to your life or does it revolve around gaming?

Mine is all about gaing pretty sad but you know......
Sun 21/04/02 at 01:13
Regular
"everyone says it"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> That was a great post, Dringo, well done, it was funny and
> interesting.
> You could make a name for yourself as the man with Mario as his
> conscience.
> :-D
>
> Lol.

I did that a long time ago.

*yeap he did*

I used a variety of characters.

*yeap he did*

Cheers.

*no problem*
Sun 21/04/02 at 01:01
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
That was a great post, Dringo, well done, it was funny and interesting.
You could make a name for yourself as the man with Mario as his conscience.
:-D

Lol.
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:06
Regular
Pong.
Sun 21/04/02 at 00:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
GameCube.
Sat 20/04/02 at 22:11
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Well, I must say that I actually enjoyed reading this post. I never
> actually bother reading your serious 2 page long posts, because, on
> the whole they're pathetically boring and dull. Keep writing like
> this, shorter and more compact, it's much better.

Dringo contemplates what RBS is saying...

Fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.