GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone for football. Wait! Outdoor or on computer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
Everyone has played football outside, right? It is one of the most popular things to do and is fun. It is healthy and just cool to play and watch. But on a Saturday when I asked my friends to come over to play football one of them replied "Yeah sure I'll bring round my control." Wait just one minute here. I asked if they wanted to play football and he said yes thinking we were playing on a computer console. How? Why? What? Football on computer consoles are great don't get me wrong, but are the two so similar that you can get them confused? Football is great outdoors on a field but is also great on computer consoles. Are the two just as fun as each other, or can one knock out the other with one with one devistating punch and prove once and for all that they rule? Let's compare them then and find out.

It is a bright sunny day, the grass is dry and the cool breeze blowing at your face is more than enough to convince you that it's time to round up your friends and play for hours on end one of the greatest sports in history. That's right football at your local field. 5 a-side, 6 a-side, 7 a-side or however many you have, it doesn't matter. It's all great fun.

Now firstly we have all the positive things about outdoor football and I can tell you the're loads of these. Anyway the main thing about it that some people don't notice is that football is great for your health. You get plenty of excercise and fresh air, and it is great. Football also increases you stamina and is a great way to develop your muscles in your body. All this pieces together to give anyone a great workout. Next thing is that outdoor football is quite cheap for a mess about and is good news if the amount of money you have as a kid is minimal. All you need is a football and well that's it! The rest is easy to find. The gloves are not necessary and don't cost much if you need them and also the goal can be made out of jumpers or real goals if anyone has set it up for the public. Another thing is football is a great sport to learn and if you keep playing it you will learn many skills and also play in a team. (Maybe. Just maybe.) It is a great sport for getting together with friends and so on but you already know that don't you.

But after all of that there is one vital thing about football outdoors that is important. It is soooo much fun and keeps you playing for hours. You will always hear yourself and others saying "Come on, next goal wins" or "First to 20" or even "You suck. You may be winning now but we were gonna beat you until you gave up." Overall though football is great outside and gives you that feeling that nothing else can. The feeling of triumph when you score a free kick or the power you feel when you slide tackle another player, it all adds to the amazing feeling and experience.

But nothing is perfect and playing outside does have its disadvantages. Firstly there is the small fact that there can be injuries and fights can break out. Whenever you play football there is always going to be a harsh tackle or two and even some break outs, but no one can help that. Some may even say it is these two things are needed in a football match for the hell of it. Next is the fact that you arrange a football match and it begins to rain or snow or even there's even a hurricane starting. (Hope not) This is the most annoying thing about football and does get on your nerves. One final thing is organising teams and making them fair because if they're not then it will get boring and cause arguments. These are all little things that tick you off but overall are really noticeable.

Now it is a wet miserable day, rain spitting at you, the clouds are dark and the huge gust of wind shooting in your face is all that is needed for you to realise taht it is going to be one of those days. But luckily for you, you have a computer console and three (or more) friends to call over using a phone. Perhaps today isn't going to be so bad after all? You set it all up and away you go.

Like outdoor we have the ups and the downs to playing on a console. Firstly the positive things are as follows: The fact is the answer is right underneath your nose. To have a great time just play your computer console. FIFA 2002 or ISS 2. It is so convenient that you just have to walk into a room. Another great reason to choose indoor is that you cannot get hurt at all... Well unless a fight breaks out and controls fly through the air like TIE fighters and hit you straight in the head. But that is unlikely. Isn't it? Anyway you can also play football on a computer no matter what it is like outside. This is perfect if it is raining.

Although it is not the real thing one important thing is all the extras you can see. For example you can have action replay and gasp at the magnificent sight of your favourite football players on a console as they score. You can even watch a match or play together against the computer.It is all great fun. Like outside though you get a feeling of playing a great game and beating your players by winning 5-0 and showing the replay to rub it in their faces and it basically feels cool. Although it is in a different way to outdoor football. But like I've said there is always a downside to something.

Firstly you get no excercise. You are cramped in a room all glaring at a TV. Some consider it unhealthy. I on the other hand think it's worth it. Next is that hitting buttons continuously can get a little boring depending on how you play. The cost is much more than normal football and you also need more controls which cost even more. It will cost you around £40 for the game but it is worth it. Finally it isn't the real thing.These may seem big problems but you will hardly notice them.

So after all this I think it is safe to say that you cannot compare the two very well as they may appear the same but give you different feelings and are different and may be for different people. If you're not the sporty type then go for inside and well you get it. So I think both rule and are great fun and one should never be excluded for the other. I cannot decide because I play them every week and I find both entertaining especially now it is Summer. And finally if someone says "Yeah sure I'll bring the controls" say wait is it raining? or what about outside? It makes a difference.

Thanks for reading
Sun 21/04/02 at 14:47
"Right!!!!!™"
i like playing it out side than on computer, it need more effort in playing it for real
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I prefer Pro Evolution Soccer myself but there you go.
Thu 18/04/02 at 22:09
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
Great post Ghost Killer(bro). After reading that I found it true and it basiclly showed me a lot. ISS 2 will be the best.
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That was a rrally good post ghost killer. Made me think about how much games are edging their way into our normal lives.
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:38
Regular
Outdoor definatly, theres noting better than scoring an ace goal in front of your mates (there probably is)
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Everyone has played football outside, right? It is one of the most popular things to do and is fun. It is healthy and just cool to play and watch. But on a Saturday when I asked my friends to come over to play football one of them replied "Yeah sure I'll bring round my control." Wait just one minute here. I asked if they wanted to play football and he said yes thinking we were playing on a computer console. How? Why? What? Football on computer consoles are great don't get me wrong, but are the two so similar that you can get them confused? Football is great outdoors on a field but is also great on computer consoles. Are the two just as fun as each other, or can one knock out the other with one with one devistating punch and prove once and for all that they rule? Let's compare them then and find out.

It is a bright sunny day, the grass is dry and the cool breeze blowing at your face is more than enough to convince you that it's time to round up your friends and play for hours on end one of the greatest sports in history. That's right football at your local field. 5 a-side, 6 a-side, 7 a-side or however many you have, it doesn't matter. It's all great fun.

Now firstly we have all the positive things about outdoor football and I can tell you the're loads of these. Anyway the main thing about it that some people don't notice is that football is great for your health. You get plenty of excercise and fresh air, and it is great. Football also increases you stamina and is a great way to develop your muscles in your body. All this pieces together to give anyone a great workout. Next thing is that outdoor football is quite cheap for a mess about and is good news if the amount of money you have as a kid is minimal. All you need is a football and well that's it! The rest is easy to find. The gloves are not necessary and don't cost much if you need them and also the goal can be made out of jumpers or real goals if anyone has set it up for the public. Another thing is football is a great sport to learn and if you keep playing it you will learn many skills and also play in a team. (Maybe. Just maybe.) It is a great sport for getting together with friends and so on but you already know that don't you.

But after all of that there is one vital thing about football outdoors that is important. It is soooo much fun and keeps you playing for hours. You will always hear yourself and others saying "Come on, next goal wins" or "First to 20" or even "You suck. You may be winning now but we were gonna beat you until you gave up." Overall though football is great outside and gives you that feeling that nothing else can. The feeling of triumph when you score a free kick or the power you feel when you slide tackle another player, it all adds to the amazing feeling and experience.

But nothing is perfect and playing outside does have its disadvantages. Firstly there is the small fact that there can be injuries and fights can break out. Whenever you play football there is always going to be a harsh tackle or two and even some break outs, but no one can help that. Some may even say it is these two things are needed in a football match for the hell of it. Next is the fact that you arrange a football match and it begins to rain or snow or even there's even a hurricane starting. (Hope not) This is the most annoying thing about football and does get on your nerves. One final thing is organising teams and making them fair because if they're not then it will get boring and cause arguments. These are all little things that tick you off but overall are really noticeable.

Now it is a wet miserable day, rain spitting at you, the clouds are dark and the huge gust of wind shooting in your face is all that is needed for you to realise taht it is going to be one of those days. But luckily for you, you have a computer console and three (or more) friends to call over using a phone. Perhaps today isn't going to be so bad after all? You set it all up and away you go.

Like outdoor we have the ups and the downs to playing on a console. Firstly the positive things are as follows: The fact is the answer is right underneath your nose. To have a great time just play your computer console. FIFA 2002 or ISS 2. It is so convenient that you just have to walk into a room. Another great reason to choose indoor is that you cannot get hurt at all... Well unless a fight breaks out and controls fly through the air like TIE fighters and hit you straight in the head. But that is unlikely. Isn't it? Anyway you can also play football on a computer no matter what it is like outside. This is perfect if it is raining.

Although it is not the real thing one important thing is all the extras you can see. For example you can have action replay and gasp at the magnificent sight of your favourite football players on a console as they score. You can even watch a match or play together against the computer.It is all great fun. Like outside though you get a feeling of playing a great game and beating your players by winning 5-0 and showing the replay to rub it in their faces and it basically feels cool. Although it is in a different way to outdoor football. But like I've said there is always a downside to something.

Firstly you get no excercise. You are cramped in a room all glaring at a TV. Some consider it unhealthy. I on the other hand think it's worth it. Next is that hitting buttons continuously can get a little boring depending on how you play. The cost is much more than normal football and you also need more controls which cost even more. It will cost you around £40 for the game but it is worth it. Finally it isn't the real thing.These may seem big problems but you will hardly notice them.

So after all this I think it is safe to say that you cannot compare the two very well as they may appear the same but give you different feelings and are different and may be for different people. If you're not the sporty type then go for inside and well you get it. So I think both rule and are great fun and one should never be excluded for the other. I cannot decide because I play them every week and I find both entertaining especially now it is Summer. And finally if someone says "Yeah sure I'll bring the controls" say wait is it raining? or what about outside? It makes a difference.

Thanks for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.