GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Gaming Site, Need Opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
Ok using the wonderful SR servers and CGI/SSI etc I have built an Xbox dedicated site.

We are planning to work closely with SR so you can interchange to read reviews and buy games etc.

I've ordered a domain name (waiting for it to go through). So i just want to know what you think.

Its optimised for 1024x768x32 and higher.

temp address: http://www.gaming-attitude.com
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Ok using the wonderful SR servers and CGI/SSI etc I have built an Xbox dedicated site.

We are planning to work closely with SR so you can interchange to read reviews and buy games etc.

I've ordered a domain name (waiting for it to go through). So i just want to know what you think.

Its optimised for 1024x768x32 and higher.

temp address: http://www.gaming-attitude.com
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I like the layout and set out :o). Only had a quick look at the first page, but it's nice... well don on that one, and good luck with the site.
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Looks pretty good to me, nice clean design that doesn't get in the way of your content.

If I really wanted to be picky...
Your index page is very long, never been too keen on that for an index page. You might consider either reducing the number of news items you have on the front, or doing something like reducing the font size after the first paragraph of the news item or something.

-G
Thu 18/04/02 at 22:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The font size is alright, just add a 'next' or 'more' link at the bottom to a second page of news, nice site though, I was expecting the navigation to have rollovers, thats the only thing i'd change.
I like the staff pages, it's also nice that you give credit to the places you nab the screenshots from.
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:04
Very nice, I like the use of styles, everything just complements everything else. Do you design for a living? If not, why not!
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
funkygamer wrote:
> Very nice, I like the use of styles, everything just complements
> everything else. Do you design for a living? If not, why not!

Overall I agree with FG here, but I do have a couple of niggles about resolution etc, and the pilfering of "other peoples" images!!

Over all though, nice design, nice layout, and almost there on the useable front!
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:42
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Thanks for all your comments, the screenshots that are nabbed, which ones are you referring to?

As for rollovers, maybe in the future :)

Do I do it for a living, no but if someone would pay me at SR i would work for them he he.

The news thing is a difficult one to remedy as its tied in with the forum and does not allow for seperate pages, I cant have less displayed as there are about 6 posts a day, so after 2 days gone! Very rare people look in the archives.

As for "Piffles" of resolution, ive optimised for 1024x768 and 1280x1024. Unfortunatly having a lot of nice things on a site restricts alot of use for people using lower resolutions, but I cant please everybody on this score :)

Glad you enjoyed it and please come and visit us more, maybe register on our forum as well :)

see ya
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:57
Regular
Wow, i'm very impressed. Looks good, layout seems functional.

Couple of improvements i'd suggest:

The nav buttons on the left - i'd have made the whole button clickable, instead of just the text. Maybe a mouseover, as suggested before, would be a good idea.

Seems to drop you in at the deep end on the home page, with a lot of content, and not much by way of an introduction.

Overall though, great job
: )
Fri 19/04/02 at 00:00
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
I see the "buttons" keep getting a mention.

They arent buttons, just a clever layered table, with table within a table etc....

So the text is only clickable, cos it is only text to save on loading time :)

Thanks again for your comments
Fri 19/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
GlideM wrote:
> Thanks for all your comments, the screenshots that are nabbed, which
> ones are you referring to?

don't read what I say, i'm an idiot. After a second look, it's obvious they're 'your own' :) sorry, did you make them yourselves?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.