GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX price drop ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 11:06
Regular
Not sure if this has been covered , but this is pretty new I think...
Looks like sales are not as good as hoped ?
Good news for the consumer !

Morgan.
--------------------------------------------------------
Source:- http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

"A big Thank You to all Xbox gamers!

If games are the food of life then if you bought your Xbox before 26th April 2002 prepare for a feast! As you may have read Xbox is coming down in price in the UK to a recommended street price of £199. As a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who bought an Xbox before 26th April we are offering, until 1st July 2002, the chance for you to get 2 games and an Xbox Controller for FREE! That means you could be playing games like Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Oddworld or Dead or Alive 3 amongst other great games for free! We are looking to extend the list of games on offer so if you can wait then we'd recommend you check back on this site on April 26th for the full list of games.

So, what do you need to do?

It's very simple. Just download this application form http://download.playmore.com/application/uk.doc, complete the required details (address, name, games I want, etc.) and email it to [email protected] . The only qualifying factor is that you bought your Xbox in one of the 16 European launch countries before the 26th April 2002. That's it! We hope you enjoy this opportunity to play more of the great games Xbox has to offer.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Xbox experience whether it be fragging in Halo, kicking & punching in Dead or Alive 3 or fighting that over steer in Rallisport Challenge!

Enjoy!"
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:06
Not sure if this has been covered , but this is pretty new I think...
Looks like sales are not as good as hoped ?
Good news for the consumer !

Morgan.
--------------------------------------------------------
Source:- http://www.xbox.com/uk/default.htm

"A big Thank You to all Xbox gamers!

If games are the food of life then if you bought your Xbox before 26th April 2002 prepare for a feast! As you may have read Xbox is coming down in price in the UK to a recommended street price of £199. As a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who bought an Xbox before 26th April we are offering, until 1st July 2002, the chance for you to get 2 games and an Xbox Controller for FREE! That means you could be playing games like Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Oddworld or Dead or Alive 3 amongst other great games for free! We are looking to extend the list of games on offer so if you can wait then we'd recommend you check back on this site on April 26th for the full list of games.

So, what do you need to do?

It's very simple. Just download this application form http://download.playmore.com/application/uk.doc, complete the required details (address, name, games I want, etc.) and email it to [email protected] . The only qualifying factor is that you bought your Xbox in one of the 16 European launch countries before the 26th April 2002. That's it! We hope you enjoy this opportunity to play more of the great games Xbox has to offer.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Xbox experience whether it be fragging in Halo, kicking & punching in Dead or Alive 3 or fighting that over steer in Rallisport Challenge!

Enjoy!"
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:14
"High polygon count"
It's been covered in FoG Chat.

Makes me laugh, though.

"As a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who bought an Xbox before 26th April we are offering, until 1st July 2002, the chance for you to get 2 games and an Xbox Controller for FREE!"

What they really mean is, "Oh, s**t! We've had to drop the price unexpectedly because we're not shifting units. But the people who bought at launch will be majorly p!ssed off, so we'll have to bribe them."
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:39
Yep - think you are right.
This has been going round the mail at work and someone made the point -
"Bet Sony are annoyed they did not think of this".

Struggled to understand his logic with that one...
It's not Sony that have trouble shifting units. :-)

Anyway - this is not a 'console war' topic so I'll leave it at that.

I posted this more as an information to those who would like to get an xbox , may help them justify/afford it.
You and I have the other problem - getting it past 'er indoors. :-)

M.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:54
"High polygon count"
Well, I already have an Xbox - so I'm glad MS are doing something by way of compensation.

However, we all know that they're only doing it because the machine has only been out a month, and their existing customers would be mightily hacked off.

Had it been a year on, as with the PS2, they wouldn't be offering anything. Basically they've been forced into lowering the price, and are paying off potentially dissatisfied customers.
Thu 18/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Back For Good"
Xbox for £200! I still don't want one :-D
Thu 18/04/02 at 13:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Microsoft will probably be doing a 'But one Get one free' deal soon if sales still don't improve. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Thu 18/04/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well, I already have an Xbox - so I'm glad MS are doing something by
> way of compensation.
>

So what games will you be getting then ?? :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 14:13
"High polygon count"
I'm struggling to find two more that I want at the moment!
Thu 18/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
So, is Sony going to drop the ps2's price in response?
Thu 18/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
"DS..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'm struggling to find two more that I want at the moment!

lol makes sense seeing as the only game worth buying on it would seem to be halo, *sigh* whats the use of giving away 2 free games and a controller if there are'nt even two decent games on the market for it lol.
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.