GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ENGLAND!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 23:13
Regular
An excellent win for the lads, lets hope we can keep up such fantastic form and do something special in the world cup. A young squad under the wise and watchful eye of our smooth Swede Sven, I think we'll do just fine!!

Here's the team I'd play, although I've stated some alternatives...

Keeper. David Seaman, David James, Nigel Martyn, Ian Walker or Richard Wright? All are great goalkeepers, David James has been absolutely fantastic for West Ham this season and has the best hair of the bunch, but David Seaman returned from injury in fine style, surely the best English keeper at the moment.

Gary Neville would have to play at left back, he's been excellent at Man United, a really influential defender with great ball control and awareness - a clean player that often stays out of the limelight, but he is one of the oldest England outfield players, if not the oldest - veteran at 26!!!

Sol Cambell must feature in Sven's Squad, big Sol is a rock in defence, he's been fantastic in what will surely be Arsenal's double winning season - good move from Spurs. He's out at the moment, but'll be back for the world cup, lets hope he helps hold off those Argentians in June...

I would put Gareth Southgate here. An unsung hero at 'Boro, and although he'll always be remembered for 'that' penalty miss, there's no better defender than Southgate in the country. Definitely part of the squad. If not Southgate, then Rio Ferdinand or Martin Keown - the pressure's very much on for these players to make their marks.

Left back should be Graeme Le Saux, but he's injured for the moment and his temperament isn't idealistic at all times. Still, he's a pacey, skilful and well known left back/left wing back player, and certainly one that I'd play in the world cup. However, if Ashley Cole returns in time, then perhaps he'd take the position, I do prefer Le Saux's style of play, but I think perhaps Cole would fit in better with Sven's plan.

The midfield should comprise of:

Beckham, hopefully he'll be fit in time for the championships, but lets think positively. There is no better free kick taker in the world, there is no better crosser of the ball in the world, and to be honest, there aren't many better players in the world - Beckham is world class, one of the best players the world has seen, it's just a shame if he's still out in the summer.

Steven Gerrard should play in the centre, a brilliant player that seldom makes mistakes. Skilful and alert, Gerrard has helped Liverpool to their excellent 2nd place in the table so far, brilliant young player, already with enough experience to take him to the world cup finals.

Paul Scholes. Stays out of the media, but he's one of England's top scorers and another model professional, not a professional model. Great goal scoring ability, excellent work rate - Scholes will definitely be going to the finals and should play in every game we stay in the competition.

Keiran Dyer on the left side of midfield, a brilliant team player for Newcastle, why not for England too? Very hard working player with incredible skills too. I don't know if he'll fill this position in the finals, but definitely a candidate.

Owen without a doubt. Scored tonight within 4 minutes, he's 22, he's the England captain, I think that qualifies him as being 'the man'. Brilliant player, Liverpool love him, he's well respected and will surely play a very important role in the finals - stay injury free Michael!!

Second striker - there're so many, with Heskey out at the moment, Danny Murphy could play there, Fowler, Darius Vassel, even Matt Jansen, but for me it has to be Heskey starting. He knows how Owen plays so would make a perfect strike force with him. He's huge, battles past everyone and scores frequently, yet isn't greedy - setting up his team mates when appropriate. If not Heskey, then Fowler or Sheringham...

England have the opportunity to go really far in these championships, it'll be hard, but we've a solid team and I don't think anything can crush Sven's coolness and our England teams spirit and panache.

Support your Nation!

:)
Wed 17/04/02 at 23:13
An excellent win for the lads, lets hope we can keep up such fantastic form and do something special in the world cup. A young squad under the wise and watchful eye of our smooth Swede Sven, I think we'll do just fine!!

Here's the team I'd play, although I've stated some alternatives...

Keeper. David Seaman, David James, Nigel Martyn, Ian Walker or Richard Wright? All are great goalkeepers, David James has been absolutely fantastic for West Ham this season and has the best hair of the bunch, but David Seaman returned from injury in fine style, surely the best English keeper at the moment.

Gary Neville would have to play at left back, he's been excellent at Man United, a really influential defender with great ball control and awareness - a clean player that often stays out of the limelight, but he is one of the oldest England outfield players, if not the oldest - veteran at 26!!!

Sol Cambell must feature in Sven's Squad, big Sol is a rock in defence, he's been fantastic in what will surely be Arsenal's double winning season - good move from Spurs. He's out at the moment, but'll be back for the world cup, lets hope he helps hold off those Argentians in June...

I would put Gareth Southgate here. An unsung hero at 'Boro, and although he'll always be remembered for 'that' penalty miss, there's no better defender than Southgate in the country. Definitely part of the squad. If not Southgate, then Rio Ferdinand or Martin Keown - the pressure's very much on for these players to make their marks.

Left back should be Graeme Le Saux, but he's injured for the moment and his temperament isn't idealistic at all times. Still, he's a pacey, skilful and well known left back/left wing back player, and certainly one that I'd play in the world cup. However, if Ashley Cole returns in time, then perhaps he'd take the position, I do prefer Le Saux's style of play, but I think perhaps Cole would fit in better with Sven's plan.

The midfield should comprise of:

Beckham, hopefully he'll be fit in time for the championships, but lets think positively. There is no better free kick taker in the world, there is no better crosser of the ball in the world, and to be honest, there aren't many better players in the world - Beckham is world class, one of the best players the world has seen, it's just a shame if he's still out in the summer.

Steven Gerrard should play in the centre, a brilliant player that seldom makes mistakes. Skilful and alert, Gerrard has helped Liverpool to their excellent 2nd place in the table so far, brilliant young player, already with enough experience to take him to the world cup finals.

Paul Scholes. Stays out of the media, but he's one of England's top scorers and another model professional, not a professional model. Great goal scoring ability, excellent work rate - Scholes will definitely be going to the finals and should play in every game we stay in the competition.

Keiran Dyer on the left side of midfield, a brilliant team player for Newcastle, why not for England too? Very hard working player with incredible skills too. I don't know if he'll fill this position in the finals, but definitely a candidate.

Owen without a doubt. Scored tonight within 4 minutes, he's 22, he's the England captain, I think that qualifies him as being 'the man'. Brilliant player, Liverpool love him, he's well respected and will surely play a very important role in the finals - stay injury free Michael!!

Second striker - there're so many, with Heskey out at the moment, Danny Murphy could play there, Fowler, Darius Vassel, even Matt Jansen, but for me it has to be Heskey starting. He knows how Owen plays so would make a perfect strike force with him. He's huge, battles past everyone and scores frequently, yet isn't greedy - setting up his team mates when appropriate. If not Heskey, then Fowler or Sheringham...

England have the opportunity to go really far in these championships, it'll be hard, but we've a solid team and I don't think anything can crush Sven's coolness and our England teams spirit and panache.

Support your Nation!

:)
Thu 18/04/02 at 08:02
"Right!!!!!™"
Yeah it was a very good match come on england!!!
Thu 18/04/02 at 16:53
Regular
"simpsons rule"
yeah it was an exellent win for england last night hopefully this should boost there confidence up and they should go far in the world cup even though beckham might be missing for the world cup it will not be the end of the road for england come on england!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Kuma2001 wrote:
> An excellent win for the lads, lets hope we can keep up such fantastic
> form and do something special in the world cup. A young squad under
> the wise and watchful eye of our smooth Swede Sven, I think we'll do
> just fine!!

Also note it was WITHOUT David Beckham!

> Beckham, hopefully he'll be fit in time for the championships, but
> lets think positively. There is no better free kick taker in the
> world, there is no better crosser of the ball in the world, and to be
> honest, there aren't many better players in the world - Beckham is
> world class, one of the best players the world has seen, it's just a
> shame if he's still out in the summer.

Yep, it's JUST a 'shame' and nothing more! We can go far without him!
>
> England have the opportunity to go really far in these championships,
> it'll be hard, but we've a solid team and I don't think anything can
> crush Sven's coolness and our England teams spirit and panache.

Right again, even without Beckham we can go far - as long as the team spirit's good and if we play as a TEAM and do not rely on individuals!

Well said, and even if some goals were quite lucky last night we did play well with a young side. And what did I tell you, Owen Hargreaves is a quality player with a long way to go still!!
And a match like last night shows that we have a great squad even without some of the top players!
Thu 18/04/02 at 23:36
Indeed, it's all true. An important aspect is that we're not getting carried away as of yet, England have won a lot under Sven, ok so we lost to Italy, although the result was a tad dubious, but they played excellently and Italy is one of the top 5 teams in the world, but it's good that we are becoming a stronger 'team', that is the important word. I think Nigeria play too much as individuals, Sweden are boring, and Argentina will get frustrated if we hold them up for too long, the refs will not tolerate any nonsense from them in the world cup.

I think we can progress beyond the first round, hopefully into the latter stages, because we've a young, spirited and immensely talented squad. Joe Cole worked his boots off for us the other night, as did everyone - the only headache's Sven will be having will be for choosing who to take in that 23. Good luck to all of them and of course to the Republic of Ireland.

KUMA

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.