GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Friend Almost Blew up his Hand!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 21:42
Regular
This is a true story of what happened to my friend Ziggy yesterday:

My mate Ziggy's dad is a scence teacher and after school, Ziggy goes to his dad's classroom to meet him before they both go home.

Now, you've all seen the experiment in school in your science lessons where the teacher has dropped a piece of sodium or pottasium in a bowl of water and it fizzes and explodes.

Well Ziggy went in the room only to find some on his dad's desk. He picked it up, getting his hands covered in it. Ziggy then went to wash his hands (yes in the water!) when his dad suddenly shouted out "Nooooooo!" and stopped him from washing them*.

If he had washed his hands, however, the potassium on his hand would have reacted with the water and blown up! Phew!

* I don't know how he finally got it off...
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Àshley wrote:
> according to the rules of wimbledon he still could have played pro
> tennis as you can serve by placing the ball on the racket fling it in
> the air and smack it. this rule was introduced to let a russian guy
> play who had his arm shot of in the battle of st petersburg#

Cool!
Sun 21/04/02 at 12:23
Regular
according to the rules of wimbledon he still could have played pro tennis as you can serve by placing the ball on the racket fling it in the air and smack it. this rule was introduced to let a russian guy play who had his arm shot of in the battle of st petersburg
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:20
"Mimmargh!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> If he wants to blow himself up properly, get him to contact the US
> military.

Lol, how stupid, killing those Canadians!
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Francium is the least reactive out of the three, then Potassium, then Caesium. The gnarliest our school can get is Potassium, and even then our teacher was too much of a nonce to put much in anyway. We watched it fizz and swim around...fun.

And although Potassium is a metal it's like putty, so that guy could easily have got it on his hands, only I don't know why it didn't react with his skin and eat his flesh away.

We had a huge tunful of water and a rice-grain sized amount of Potassium fizzed around, then we watched a video of Caesium, and the same amount blew apart the tub, it was pretty impressive for a grain of rice. There was also a really cool song of all the elements, which I'm hoping to get off KaZaA soon lol :D

-M-
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Brrrrr."
That's ok!
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Thanks for that lovely graphic comment :)
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Thans for that lovely graphic comment :)
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Darkness_2K wrote:
> Actually, Francum is also very rare, thats why all research done on it
> is expensive and under the strictest of circumstances...
>
> Why dont we swap Blahpro's Shower gel with Ceasium? :)

Allready tried that. Still haven't scraped the charred remains of my brain off the shower! :)
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Actually, Francum is also very rare, thats why all research done on it is expensive and under the strictest of circumstances...

Why dont we swap Blahpro's Shower gel with Ceasium? :)
Fri 19/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I'd like to see you get hold of some blahpro! it's so dangerous and unstable you'd have to be doing valid research to get it.
Not so "I can blow off me 'and n be like a one armed peep"...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.