GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did They Goto School?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 21:42
Regular
Here’s a little question for you all:

What do all these bands have in common?
Korn, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle Of Mudd, Mudvayne, Limp Bizket, Trapt & Sw1tched.

Give yourself a tap on the back if you said:

A) All poo
B) All Nu-Metal bands

But if you said C) They all can’t spell properly. Then give yourself a kiss.

It is true though, every single band you see up there (but not Trapt & Sw1tched probably) is popular and is probably seen on a 12 year olds hoodie down the town every Saturday or at home just slitting their wrists yet each one of them can’t spell properly.

Is there a give away in the title of their genre that makes them spell like this? Nu-Metal. Why is it Nu and not New? Why must a letter be missing, a letter added, a word mispelt or a number be added to a word for it to be popular?

These are the bands going around saying they are playing original music, not following a crowd yet look at all their names.

Ohhh look we’re Korn and we’re great but we can’t spell our name to Corn because that’s not cool is it?

Ohhh look we’re Staind and we’re so original with our new album because we thought we might miss out the E in our name so that we’re called Staind not Stained even though Staind don’t mean a thing.

Ohhh kiss us we’re Linkin Park and you all love us because we like everyone else want to rap with distorted guitars to you and be hip-hop like so we are going to miss the G out of our name because Linking looks stupid!

Ohhh look we’re Puddle Of Mudd and we thought we’d add a D to Mud because one D just isn’t enough in this world is it! plus we might not blend in enough if we don’t add a letter.

Ohhh we are so hard because our name is Mudvayne and we will rank high in your CD collection because not only can we not spell vain or vein (which ever makes us hardest) we can’t even tell where to separate a word. Yeah we rule!

Ohhh look we are Limp Bizket and I am Fred Durst and I don’t know what a Bizket is but it sounds cool anyway. It may mean biscuit but that’s not wicked is it?

Now I don’t know if these names have any connection with hip-hop but if they do then it just goes to show what an industry Nu-Metal is. Just goes to prove its all rap over Metal stuff. If you like some of these bands then don’t even try and diss pop…at least they can spell right?

I’ve probably missed some bands out up in this post so if you have anymore post them…there’s probably loads.

I have noticed many of you hate the way newbies spell…well that could be a connection too you know. Txt speak is taking over the music industry noooo!
Wed 17/04/02 at 21:42
"Uzi Lover"
Here’s a little question for you all:

What do all these bands have in common?
Korn, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle Of Mudd, Mudvayne, Limp Bizket, Trapt & Sw1tched.

Give yourself a tap on the back if you said:

A) All poo
B) All Nu-Metal bands

But if you said C) They all can’t spell properly. Then give yourself a kiss.

It is true though, every single band you see up there (but not Trapt & Sw1tched probably) is popular and is probably seen on a 12 year olds hoodie down the town every Saturday or at home just slitting their wrists yet each one of them can’t spell properly.

Is there a give away in the title of their genre that makes them spell like this? Nu-Metal. Why is it Nu and not New? Why must a letter be missing, a letter added, a word mispelt or a number be added to a word for it to be popular?

These are the bands going around saying they are playing original music, not following a crowd yet look at all their names.

Ohhh look we’re Korn and we’re great but we can’t spell our name to Corn because that’s not cool is it?

Ohhh look we’re Staind and we’re so original with our new album because we thought we might miss out the E in our name so that we’re called Staind not Stained even though Staind don’t mean a thing.

Ohhh kiss us we’re Linkin Park and you all love us because we like everyone else want to rap with distorted guitars to you and be hip-hop like so we are going to miss the G out of our name because Linking looks stupid!

Ohhh look we’re Puddle Of Mudd and we thought we’d add a D to Mud because one D just isn’t enough in this world is it! plus we might not blend in enough if we don’t add a letter.

Ohhh we are so hard because our name is Mudvayne and we will rank high in your CD collection because not only can we not spell vain or vein (which ever makes us hardest) we can’t even tell where to separate a word. Yeah we rule!

Ohhh look we are Limp Bizket and I am Fred Durst and I don’t know what a Bizket is but it sounds cool anyway. It may mean biscuit but that’s not wicked is it?

Now I don’t know if these names have any connection with hip-hop but if they do then it just goes to show what an industry Nu-Metal is. Just goes to prove its all rap over Metal stuff. If you like some of these bands then don’t even try and diss pop…at least they can spell right?

I’ve probably missed some bands out up in this post so if you have anymore post them…there’s probably loads.

I have noticed many of you hate the way newbies spell…well that could be a connection too you know. Txt speak is taking over the music industry noooo!
Thu 18/04/02 at 07:58
"Right!!!!!™"
It's funny becuase it's true :D
Thu 18/04/02 at 09:51
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Linkin Park don't want to be linking park, you fool.

The hopeless group of wannabes got their name from a park in their home town. Called Lincoln Park. Except Lincoln is a stupid name for a band.
Thu 18/04/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
And, if you want to be really picky about spelling, shouldn't the thread be titled 'Did they go [space] to school'.

I'm sitting here laughing at the irony.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Acid Casual"
And you spelt Limp Bizkit wrong.

Even if itself is an incorrect spelling, the least you could do is spell the wrong spelling right.
Thu 18/04/02 at 13:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Slade started it all. Cum on Feel the Noize indeed.
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:33
"Uzi Lover"
Small Frog wrote:
> And, if you want to be really picky about spelling, shouldn't the
> thread be titled 'Did they go [space] to school'.

That WAS the pun...you noticed it...kinda.
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Acid Casual"
And my observation?
Thu 18/04/02 at 16:14
"Uzi Lover"
Typing error....we all make them :-)
Fri 19/04/02 at 13:19
No, they probably went to skool though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.