GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Live Music] Kaiser Chiefs - Earl's Court - Dec 14th"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/08 at 00:01
Regular
"not dead"
Christmas kind of got in the way of me posting this sooner, so apologies, the night still sticks in my head, so figured it was worth writing about...

Ricky Wilson doesn’t look like a frontman, and yet…

He has this slightly chubby face, and reddish cheeks, like the embarrassed fat kit at school who get exhausted getting dressed for PE, and yet…

He wears these clothes that wouldn’t look out of place on your dad, or Jeremy Clarkson, chinos and a checked shirt, and yet…

He has some incredibly poor stage moves, holding up a mic-stand and throwing and catching the mic like a well-practiced circus clown, and yet…

And yet when he claims they might just have topped Oasis tonight, you believe him. And when he says they’re not finished yet because the roof is still on, you genuinely believe they really could raise it right off. Ricky Wilson and the rest of the Kaiser Chiefs may look like a bunch of nobodies you could drag off of and city street, but they may well be amongst the best current bands out there.

I went into Earls Court unconvinced by the Kaiser Chiefs, and came out utterly blown away. I went in being fond of a couple of songs, and came out with them playing through my head ever since. I went in expecting to be unimpressed, and came away astounded.

It was a set full of highs from the first two albums, of which there were significantly more than I could remember. It was a set that got the crowd going from the very start, and from that moment the Kaisers were in control, even having the confidence to throw in a couple of new songs to prove there’s still plenty more to come.

Earl’s Court can hold a lot of people (I think it’s 17500 capacity), and yet it had the feel of a small venue, where everyone was up for it. Big venues are notorious for attracting crowds for the sake of being in the crowd, that stand and gaze and talk loudly on mobile phones, and yet, even a distance from the front the crowd were dancing away and having a great time.

I get the idea that the Kaiser Chiefs are one of those bands you have to see live to truly appreciate, the songs now seem all the better, having heard them at full pelt, and I was over the moon when they closed with the one song of there’s I’d thought was great all along – ‘Oh My God’. What an amazing finish to the night that was, turned up to eleven and belted out like their lives depended on it, Kaiser Chiefs were fantastic.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 03/01/08 at 00:01
Regular
"not dead"
Christmas kind of got in the way of me posting this sooner, so apologies, the night still sticks in my head, so figured it was worth writing about...

Ricky Wilson doesn’t look like a frontman, and yet…

He has this slightly chubby face, and reddish cheeks, like the embarrassed fat kit at school who get exhausted getting dressed for PE, and yet…

He wears these clothes that wouldn’t look out of place on your dad, or Jeremy Clarkson, chinos and a checked shirt, and yet…

He has some incredibly poor stage moves, holding up a mic-stand and throwing and catching the mic like a well-practiced circus clown, and yet…

And yet when he claims they might just have topped Oasis tonight, you believe him. And when he says they’re not finished yet because the roof is still on, you genuinely believe they really could raise it right off. Ricky Wilson and the rest of the Kaiser Chiefs may look like a bunch of nobodies you could drag off of and city street, but they may well be amongst the best current bands out there.

I went into Earls Court unconvinced by the Kaiser Chiefs, and came out utterly blown away. I went in being fond of a couple of songs, and came out with them playing through my head ever since. I went in expecting to be unimpressed, and came away astounded.

It was a set full of highs from the first two albums, of which there were significantly more than I could remember. It was a set that got the crowd going from the very start, and from that moment the Kaisers were in control, even having the confidence to throw in a couple of new songs to prove there’s still plenty more to come.

Earl’s Court can hold a lot of people (I think it’s 17500 capacity), and yet it had the feel of a small venue, where everyone was up for it. Big venues are notorious for attracting crowds for the sake of being in the crowd, that stand and gaze and talk loudly on mobile phones, and yet, even a distance from the front the crowd were dancing away and having a great time.

I get the idea that the Kaiser Chiefs are one of those bands you have to see live to truly appreciate, the songs now seem all the better, having heard them at full pelt, and I was over the moon when they closed with the one song of there’s I’d thought was great all along – ‘Oh My God’. What an amazing finish to the night that was, turned up to eleven and belted out like their lives depended on it, Kaiser Chiefs were fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.