GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's our fault!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
we all know theres been an outbreak of newbies spamming trying to get our attention so they can become known. And they succeed and usually get abnned or hated through the next few following days. Again i do this to get our attention. And you get by the gist of this topic title that the blame can be pointed our way. Why? Again, because they want attention and usually we give in and have a go at them which is what they want. Other reasons i will use myself as an example. Basically, no one cares who i am or what im doing here so to gain recogniztion, i've put alot of time and effort into topics i can make to gain a good reputation. So i've posted them and no-one wants to know. Only a few people, about 5 to be exact, bothered to reply to my topic and that makes me feel that if no-ones likes me when i'm doing hard thought of topics then why bother. i'd might as well make crap topics and get a bad reputatipon because at least then i would be known. And that is how i think other newbies and regulars react
in todays forums. and no doubt there will be some regulars bad mouthing this topic. does it look in the slightest like i care?
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
r u making fun of my old school game chain? :o)
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:08
Regular
good.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I sometimes spam to get attention but I only get a bad reputation. Just think, I didn't even know what spam (in chat rooms) was until a few weeks ago so when they said 'no spam', I didn't know what they were talking about. Now I can stop..
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:02
Regular
Russ you seem to be telling every one what to think and say at the moment, just my opinion.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
I notice that there are a lot of Regulars who spam especially the regulars who haven't been them for long as they still act like newbies.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:17
Regular
nh wrote:
> The easiest thing to do is to ignore the cr@p topics and just post in
> the decent ones, and when they post in the decent topics, again ignore
> the rubbish replies and respond only to the decent ones.
>
> It can be difficlut to ignore sometimes but we need to do it...

Good point. What I get annoyed with is regulars who spam (you know who you are) and think they can get away with it. I have read many threads started by what I thought were good posters and it turned out to be unmitigated pap. For some reason, SR seem reluctant to ban them. Usually I just look out for a few names and read their posts, which is unfair becuse there are some good newbies out there...
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Talk about a hypocrite Mandatare?

I recently posted a topic in the web forum and asking for help on a certain problem on my computer and what was you answer to my topic?

"your computer is probably crap"

or something along them lines

wow great response and help there mandatare!

do you think response like that make a good discussion in topics then...?

I have posted many good topics on this forum and not once have you posted a decent post on there.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:23
as a Newbie, if thats what you call me, i want attention so people know who i am.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:00
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The easiest thing to do is to ignore the cr@p topics and just post in the decent ones, and when they post in the decent topics, again ignore the rubbish replies and respond only to the decent ones.

It can be difficlut to ignore sometimes but we need to do it..
Wed 17/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
we all know theres been an outbreak of newbies spamming trying to get our attention so they can become known. And they succeed and usually get abnned or hated through the next few following days. Again i do this to get our attention. And you get by the gist of this topic title that the blame can be pointed our way. Why? Again, because they want attention and usually we give in and have a go at them which is what they want. Other reasons i will use myself as an example. Basically, no one cares who i am or what im doing here so to gain recogniztion, i've put alot of time and effort into topics i can make to gain a good reputation. So i've posted them and no-one wants to know. Only a few people, about 5 to be exact, bothered to reply to my topic and that makes me feel that if no-ones likes me when i'm doing hard thought of topics then why bother. i'd might as well make crap topics and get a bad reputatipon because at least then i would be known. And that is how i think other newbies and regulars react
in todays forums. and no doubt there will be some regulars bad mouthing this topic. does it look in the slightest like i care?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.