GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: AOTC and Star Trek: Nemesis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 11:49
Regular
Hmmm... One for all you Sci-fi fans.

Both these films normally do not compare, each will follow its own storyline, characters and usual effects we all expect from each franchise, but one thing that they do both share is a central theme that is all about CLONES.

Now since Star Wars will arrive first (and i can`t wait - the trailer looks fantastic!!! Much better than TPM, and certainly has a feel of "old" Star Wars) with Star Trek here by about December/January, there will be a break, but it will be an "even number" Trek film, and if the so-called script leaked onto the website at www.startrek.com is anything to go by then we can at last look forward to a space battle worthy of anything Mr Lucas will offer us.

So, i suppose my main questions are:

1) Are you just in the Star Wars fan group, and don`t give a monkey`s about the Trek film?

2) Are you a sc-called "Trekkie" who spits blood at the mere mention of the word "Lucasfilm"?

3) Or are you like me, not bothered as long as both deliver the goods and are NOT like their respective previous films...

Lets hear what you have to say...
Wed 17/04/02 at 11:49
"The pen is mightier"
Hmmm... One for all you Sci-fi fans.

Both these films normally do not compare, each will follow its own storyline, characters and usual effects we all expect from each franchise, but one thing that they do both share is a central theme that is all about CLONES.

Now since Star Wars will arrive first (and i can`t wait - the trailer looks fantastic!!! Much better than TPM, and certainly has a feel of "old" Star Wars) with Star Trek here by about December/January, there will be a break, but it will be an "even number" Trek film, and if the so-called script leaked onto the website at www.startrek.com is anything to go by then we can at last look forward to a space battle worthy of anything Mr Lucas will offer us.

So, i suppose my main questions are:

1) Are you just in the Star Wars fan group, and don`t give a monkey`s about the Trek film?

2) Are you a sc-called "Trekkie" who spits blood at the mere mention of the word "Lucasfilm"?

3) Or are you like me, not bothered as long as both deliver the goods and are NOT like their respective previous films...

Lets hear what you have to say...
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:17
i am a treckker who thinks both will be great. i just found out the bobba fett is a woman
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:17
i am a trekker who thinks both will be great. i just found out the bobba fett is a woman
Wed 17/04/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*sigh*

Boba Fett is the SON of Jango Fett, as seen in the trailer.
SON.
You can see he's a little boy, so unless he goes all Springer on us and changes sex?
You've been mistaken.

How did this rumour start?
And in reply to the original question, I can't bring myself to watch Star Trek in any form at all.

It's just not my thing
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I like both.... what more do you want from me?
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> How did this rumour start?

I think somebody posted it up here on a previous Star Wars thread?

Personally, I think Star Trek would be greatly improved by developing the format into that of the 'Carry On' series?
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im a HUGE Star Wars fan but enjoy a bit of Star Trek every now and again!
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
What's Nemesis then?

Patrick Stewart? If so, this film will rule! As he rules!

The funny thing, he never ages! I bet he the highlander. If you watch Dune (probably made around 1980), he looks no different to what he looks like now. 20 years and he hasn't aged a day!
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
Star Trek; Nemesis is the fourth and last Next Generation movie (Yep Patrick Stewart/The slaphead from X-Men)
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:51
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Star Wars looks amazing, lightsabers as always will rule and from the trailers this looks better than TPM which I feel was probably the best star wars film, it was less cheesy, although the other films are cool.

Star Trek is another matter, Ive never really liked the films, probably put off by watching the one when the leech type things go into peoples ears when i was about 4 or something, and I cant stomach either The Next Generation and Enterprise, butVoyager and DS9 are quite good when I watch them (at midnights in school holidays if there arent any good films on the movie channels)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.