GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: AOTC and Star Trek: Nemesis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 11:49
Regular
Hmmm... One for all you Sci-fi fans.

Both these films normally do not compare, each will follow its own storyline, characters and usual effects we all expect from each franchise, but one thing that they do both share is a central theme that is all about CLONES.

Now since Star Wars will arrive first (and i can`t wait - the trailer looks fantastic!!! Much better than TPM, and certainly has a feel of "old" Star Wars) with Star Trek here by about December/January, there will be a break, but it will be an "even number" Trek film, and if the so-called script leaked onto the website at www.startrek.com is anything to go by then we can at last look forward to a space battle worthy of anything Mr Lucas will offer us.

So, i suppose my main questions are:

1) Are you just in the Star Wars fan group, and don`t give a monkey`s about the Trek film?

2) Are you a sc-called "Trekkie" who spits blood at the mere mention of the word "Lucasfilm"?

3) Or are you like me, not bothered as long as both deliver the goods and are NOT like their respective previous films...

Lets hear what you have to say...
Fri 19/04/02 at 10:43
"The pen is mightier"
oh man!!!!!!!!! there is no contest!

Go see the film, the Gamecube is already "backwards tech" because Nintendo has failed to embrace the online possibilites and has once again shunned its loyal fans by bringing out a system that they cannot use their older cartridges on, instead forcing you to buy all your fave games again on the new CD format. Nice lttle earner Nintendo...!!!!!!

If you must buy a console, get the X-Box, the price has just been slashed.

Better still, go see the film as i said above.
Thu 18/04/02 at 21:14
I'll go to see both, but it's Star Wars that i'm looking forward too most.

There is, however, a problem. It is released a day after the GameCube, so what the hell am i going to do? Stay in and play GC all day or go to see Star Wars? Tough choice.
Thu 18/04/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im booking my tickets for Star Wars AOTC next week - I really cant wait now!!
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:14
Star Wars all the way for me. Star Trek has never been able to hold my interest outside of the action sequences, but with Star Wars I got completely wrapped up in the fantasy of it.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:42
"The pen is mightier"
Actually, in an interview with Star Trek Monthly, Patrick said that the "powers that be" have not told them this will be the last movie for the next gen crew. It just happens that John Logan who wrote the script (the same bloke who wrote Gladiator) has made a film that is self-contained and could be an ending. But it supposedly raises more questions by its close - an obvious openning for a further sequel...

Also, he denies rumours that ANY main characters get killed. The www.startrek.com website has had a very interesting so-called script-leak posted on its forum, which tells of Troi and Rikers wedding, Picards Romulan clone and an epic space battle in which the Enterprise "E" has a huge section of its bridge blown-away, leaving a gaping hole in its hull.

Still, it waits to be seen if these are correct.
Wed 17/04/02 at 21:25
Regular
I enjoy watching Star Trek about as much as I enjoy attaching a piece of Steak to my nads and jumping into a pool of Piranha's...
Wed 17/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mystique wrote:
> Star Trek; Nemesis is the fourth and last Next Generation movie (Yep
> Patrick Stewart/The slaphead from X-Men)

Excuse me? Did you just call Mr. Stewart a slap-head? I'll let you off this time but if you EVER call him a slap-head again, in my presence or not, you will regret it!

Now on your way! And I don't want to hear anyone mocking bald people (except for Votta) again! Understand? Good!
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:51
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Star Wars looks amazing, lightsabers as always will rule and from the trailers this looks better than TPM which I feel was probably the best star wars film, it was less cheesy, although the other films are cool.

Star Trek is another matter, Ive never really liked the films, probably put off by watching the one when the leech type things go into peoples ears when i was about 4 or something, and I cant stomach either The Next Generation and Enterprise, butVoyager and DS9 are quite good when I watch them (at midnights in school holidays if there arent any good films on the movie channels)
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:50
Regular
Star Trek; Nemesis is the fourth and last Next Generation movie (Yep Patrick Stewart/The slaphead from X-Men)
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
What's Nemesis then?

Patrick Stewart? If so, this film will rule! As he rules!

The funny thing, he never ages! I bet he the highlander. If you watch Dune (probably made around 1980), he looks no different to what he looks like now. 20 years and he hasn't aged a day!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.