GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are Sony doing wrong??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/10/00 at 21:45
Regular
I'm a PSX fan, and I don't see that Sony are doing anything wrong. They're just advertising their product. It's not really their fault if they can't get enough consoles in time. In fact, it would be better for them, if they had consoles out in the shops as well. Sony make other things, right? TV's, Stereos and more, do you have a problem with Sony's TVs or Stereos???
I'm not having a go at you, but I find it annoying that people have a go at Sony for being "evil", or trying to "trick" us into buying their consoles, I'm sorry but I have to be hard here, it's a load off bull s hit if you ask me. What's wrong with advertising your product, did the DC come at £299.99, I believe it did, didn't it?????
I see no fault with the PSX, in fact, I think Sony have done a great job, and just 'cos they've had some minor niggles, it's no reason to go and have a go at them. I could go and slate the DC for not selling very well at first, or not bringing out enough good games in the first couple of months. It's always, "No, Sega are perfect, they have more experience", which I find annoying. It is mostly DC fans for some reason, and not many N64 fans.
So, to sum up here, you may not like Sony, but that's no reason to have a go at them as SOON as they have a tiny problem. Knowing me, this will not get through and everyone will insult me about it, but please try not to. I'M NOT BEING BIASED, I AM JUST A LITTLE ANNOYED AT PEOPLE CALLING SONY EVIL!!! Fogmaster, I'm not being biased, please don't say I am. I'm just putting out my opinion.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 15/10/00 at 22:42
> I don't mind sony, I'd just prefer them to go out of the games
> market before Sega and Nintendo go bankrupt!

Surely that's up to Sega and Nintendo to make improvements? If more people bought PS1 than Saturn/N64, surely there is a reason for that? The only reason there can be is that more games on the Sony machine appealed to a larger number of people than on the other formats.

> That is why I want the PS2 to fail. It's also because I want my
> friends to get a gamecube so we can swap games!

Why does PS2's existence stop you and your friends buying a GameCube?

> And backed with all the evidence that the PS2 is going the same
> way as the Saturn, most of us are as happy as can be!

And what evidence is that, exactly?
Sun 15/10/00 at 22:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
I meant sorry. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I HAVE TECHNOLOGY TOMORROW!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!! I'M C RAP AT TECHNOLOGY!!!
Sun 15/10/00 at 21:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ok, I'm sorr, DC came out at £199.99. Sorry.
Sun 15/10/00 at 21:50
Regular
I don't mind sony, I'd just prefer them to go out of the games market before Sega and Nintendo go bankrupt!

That is why I want the PS2 to fail. It's also because I want my friends to get a gamecube so we can swap games!

And backed with all the evidence that the PS2 is going the same way as the Saturn, most of us are as happy as can be!

(By the way the DC was actually released for £199.99)
Sun 15/10/00 at 21:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm a PSX fan, and I don't see that Sony are doing anything wrong. They're just advertising their product. It's not really their fault if they can't get enough consoles in time. In fact, it would be better for them, if they had consoles out in the shops as well. Sony make other things, right? TV's, Stereos and more, do you have a problem with Sony's TVs or Stereos???
I'm not having a go at you, but I find it annoying that people have a go at Sony for being "evil", or trying to "trick" us into buying their consoles, I'm sorry but I have to be hard here, it's a load off bull s hit if you ask me. What's wrong with advertising your product, did the DC come at £299.99, I believe it did, didn't it?????
I see no fault with the PSX, in fact, I think Sony have done a great job, and just 'cos they've had some minor niggles, it's no reason to go and have a go at them. I could go and slate the DC for not selling very well at first, or not bringing out enough good games in the first couple of months. It's always, "No, Sega are perfect, they have more experience", which I find annoying. It is mostly DC fans for some reason, and not many N64 fans.
So, to sum up here, you may not like Sony, but that's no reason to have a go at them as SOON as they have a tiny problem. Knowing me, this will not get through and everyone will insult me about it, but please try not to. I'M NOT BEING BIASED, I AM JUST A LITTLE ANNOYED AT PEOPLE CALLING SONY EVIL!!! Fogmaster, I'm not being biased, please don't say I am. I'm just putting out my opinion.
Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.