GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QUICK! Lets all go buy another FIFA"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
No offence EA, but do you really think all console/PC owners have a few brain cells missing.

Does anyone else agree with me that EA exploit there FIFA licience as if they think its a licence to print money????

In the last four years, EA have released 6, yes 6 FIFA endorsed games, plus more premier league endorsed games. All of which have been moderatly good, but not great.

Take the first of the six and compare it to the newest incarnation World Cup 2002 and you will see quite a difference, but the compare one game to the next that was released and there is no difference, apart from an odd tweak here and there.

Who on earth buys the games!!!!! Obviously they must sell them to someone (although I do notice quite a few in bargin bins at a tenner now and again)
otherwise the company wouldn't release them.

The problem is the box says FIFA, so people think Ahh, this is the best obviously because the association have endorsed it - we all here should know this is wrong, FIFA probably can't be bothered in watching what EA are doing, hand them a contract for a few hundred years and rake in some profit.

What happened to looking after the consumer????? Nope, not needed, as long as we get profit.
Gameplay?. nope not needed as long as we get profit

etc etc......

They really should take a leaf out of Konami's book, the N64 had 3 ISS games in 6ish years, the PS2 only has two Konami football games (both of which take a very different approach to gameplay) in a year and a half - weve got variety and don't have to update every half year, in fact it will be almost two years I guess between ISS and ISS2 for PS2.

This is a petition - get FIFA to give Konami the licence for god's sake!!!!
Then the excellent football games they make can be made better by having real kits and all of the players and teams real names (I can never forget the ProEvo commentor - "greggs" - (Giggs)).

Why on earth FIFA consistantly stick with EA is really beyond me - I'm certainly never buying another EA football game again.

End of rant. Thanks for reading - who agrees??
Wed 17/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
No offence EA, but do you really think all console/PC owners have a few brain cells missing.

Does anyone else agree with me that EA exploit there FIFA licience as if they think its a licence to print money????

In the last four years, EA have released 6, yes 6 FIFA endorsed games, plus more premier league endorsed games. All of which have been moderatly good, but not great.

Take the first of the six and compare it to the newest incarnation World Cup 2002 and you will see quite a difference, but the compare one game to the next that was released and there is no difference, apart from an odd tweak here and there.

Who on earth buys the games!!!!! Obviously they must sell them to someone (although I do notice quite a few in bargin bins at a tenner now and again)
otherwise the company wouldn't release them.

The problem is the box says FIFA, so people think Ahh, this is the best obviously because the association have endorsed it - we all here should know this is wrong, FIFA probably can't be bothered in watching what EA are doing, hand them a contract for a few hundred years and rake in some profit.

What happened to looking after the consumer????? Nope, not needed, as long as we get profit.
Gameplay?. nope not needed as long as we get profit

etc etc......

They really should take a leaf out of Konami's book, the N64 had 3 ISS games in 6ish years, the PS2 only has two Konami football games (both of which take a very different approach to gameplay) in a year and a half - weve got variety and don't have to update every half year, in fact it will be almost two years I guess between ISS and ISS2 for PS2.

This is a petition - get FIFA to give Konami the licence for god's sake!!!!
Then the excellent football games they make can be made better by having real kits and all of the players and teams real names (I can never forget the ProEvo commentor - "greggs" - (Giggs)).

Why on earth FIFA consistantly stick with EA is really beyond me - I'm certainly never buying another EA football game again.

End of rant. Thanks for reading - who agrees??
Wed 17/04/02 at 11:59
I bought Fifa 2002 cos' it was a step up with there gameplay, and great gameplay it is.

I only bought one ISS, but not any more cos' the have a small amount of teams and being a football fan and wanting to play lots of games in one season and tournament, I went for Fifa.

I never bought the World Cup games as they were a waste of time with not club teams, just Internationals...

I dont see when anyone bought one???...

Personally, I think Fifa produces some great games, but they could do better by taking their time and twitching the gameplay and player movements for a more realistic football game. By the way, I know Fifa is an arcade footie title whereas ISS is more a realistic simulation of real life football. I just cant wait for ISS (Konami) to use Champ Managers database of players and teams for a more wider game. Plus, finally they got decent commmentary.

Why?
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:05
"Right!!!!!™"
Note wrong with fifa. Fifa 2002 was pretty good even though it is to easy.
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I think (know!) you will find that the majority of regular posters here will agree with you.

Most people in here prefer Pro Evolution over the Fifa games and are bored with the continual updates that EA bring out.
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:23
i agrre that pro evo is much better than fifa.
i played fifa 2002 a couple of weeks ago and you only have to shoot from the 1/2 way line to score. it's obvious that fifa haven't concentrated on their game.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:38
Regular
I would have to agree that EA do take the busicuit by releasing a new game every year with a different number next to it and people buy all of them and i know this for a fact as one of my friends does but KONAMI are good as they take more time in their games to make them better adn what people want instead of just making Money like EA.
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"simpsons rule"
fifa 2002 is boring they havent concentrated on it all pro evolution socer is much better
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:28
Mix the team data base of fifa with the simulation of pro evo then we'd have an unbeatable footy game. Lets hope Konami is reading......doubtful like :((

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.