GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I see fat people"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 11:06
Regular
I like fat people.

In games.

And not in a sexual way. Really.

My first experience of a fat person in a computer game was Resident Evil 2. The guy in the gun store at the start made me crack up. I was laughing like hell until he got eaten. The fact that the zombies took so long to eat him made me laugh even more.

There is a fat guy in his underpants to be found in Max Payne. I was giggling for hours after I shot him. Watching him waddle down the corridor with bullets hammering in to him...heh.

Mario was probably the first ever famous fat computer game character. He sucked, obviously, but he set the trend for fat people in games for years. The concept of a short fat Italian plumber is so stupid, it is difficult to decide how it could have possibly have been successful.

Those fat guys in 'Streets of Rage' were bloody scary too. They could breathe fire (like all fat people), and could sit on you, thereby removing half your health.

However, with the exception of Mario, fat people tend to be found as cannon fodder in games - either civilians who die or an evil boss character. Why does society hold a grudge against the horizontally challenged?

After those four examples above, I ran out of memory for fat characters. Surely there must be some really famous lard-buckets in games. Can you guys think of any?
Wed 17/04/02 at 22:10
Regular
"um..."
Cartman is festivly plump.
hmm fat people as cannon fodder true. But other than mario there is one more I can think of Mr EAD from F-zero X on N64
Wed 17/04/02 at 22:00
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Mr. Carrington from Perfect dark is quite fat. Oh, and the USA is FULL of fatties! If you ever go there, it is amazing!

(No offense to large people - they are usually very friendly. My best mate is called Stephen and is a bit... how shall I say... heavy!)
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:31
"Right!!!!!™"
Fat man from metal gear solid 2 he was pretty famous but weird.
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:30
"Mimmargh!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Ha ha, he ruled. Otis wasn't it?
>
> Otis - "Believe it or not, back in highschool I was a nerd! I
> know, I know, it's hard to believe"

More classic Otis quotes:

''my moms gonna be worried when I don't make it home tonight...''
''i don't wanna die a virgin''
''that will look nice in my trophy room...well if I had one...''

Lol, long live Otis.
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:19
"period drama"
******* LAUGH AND GROW FAT *******
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Protoss wrote:
> The sercurity guard in Half-Life: Opposing Force is pretty tubby. I
> love the bit where he is trying to steal from the candy machine and
> asks you for money!

-------

Ha ha, he ruled. Otis wasn't it?

Otis - "Believe it or not, back in highschool I was a nerd! I know, I know, it's hard to believe"
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:39
"Mimmargh!"
The sercurity guard in Half-Life: Opposing Force is pretty tubby. I love the bit where he is trying to steal from the candy machine and asks you for money!
And the guy in Red Alert 2 whos in charge of the Soviets is overweight and all, and hes real.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:30
Regular
I have to agree that fat people look call in games as the companys make an emphasis on how fat people are and make them more rounded than normal like FATMAN from MGS2 where he run out of breath and you shoot him that well funny.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Remember those unbelievably fat enemies in Doom 2? The ones with Rocket Launchers in the arms, I think. They were pretty tough, but it was damn hard to miss them.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:20
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I'm fat but i can't breath fire !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.