GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamenetwork"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
Now and again, I can`t help but to switch the channel over to gamenetwork (channel 223). But every time I do its always advertising some kind of competition to win an XBOX or Gamecube. The way the channel has been put together is shocking, especially as the user has no clue what programme is on. The presenters look like they have just been picked up from the streets as they have no proffessionalism within the game industry.

The graphic artists for the programme need some serious education because it has the most boring and uninspiring imagery on TV. The entire channel has no direction whatsoever because personally I cannot tell what is new or what is old. If a company wants to make a gaming channel, why dont they make a good job of it.

The changes I would make to it are as follows;-

1. Get experienced presenters.
2. Get more original programmes, such as release schedules, games reviews, hints ect...
3. Get some better graphic artists
4. Put some money towards better camera technology.

Being a serious gamer myself, as with many others, I think we deserve a 24 hour gaming channel that reflects what we want. There have been so many computer games programmes on TV, and nearly all have been poorly made. Its about time someone does something to change this.

Why is it the movie industry has many quality made programmes whereas the games industry has to put up with stereotypical "geek" programmes presented by idiots??? The game industry has proven far more profitable than the movie industry so what not take it more seriously?

We have the audience, they have the money - invest it!!!
Wed 17/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Now and again, I can`t help but to switch the channel over to gamenetwork (channel 223). But every time I do its always advertising some kind of competition to win an XBOX or Gamecube. The way the channel has been put together is shocking, especially as the user has no clue what programme is on. The presenters look like they have just been picked up from the streets as they have no proffessionalism within the game industry.

The graphic artists for the programme need some serious education because it has the most boring and uninspiring imagery on TV. The entire channel has no direction whatsoever because personally I cannot tell what is new or what is old. If a company wants to make a gaming channel, why dont they make a good job of it.

The changes I would make to it are as follows;-

1. Get experienced presenters.
2. Get more original programmes, such as release schedules, games reviews, hints ect...
3. Get some better graphic artists
4. Put some money towards better camera technology.

Being a serious gamer myself, as with many others, I think we deserve a 24 hour gaming channel that reflects what we want. There have been so many computer games programmes on TV, and nearly all have been poorly made. Its about time someone does something to change this.

Why is it the movie industry has many quality made programmes whereas the games industry has to put up with stereotypical "geek" programmes presented by idiots??? The game industry has proven far more profitable than the movie industry so what not take it more seriously?

We have the audience, they have the money - invest it!!!
Wed 17/04/02 at 11:29
They should divide the show into different sections aswell. Such as:

Morning=PC gaming
Lunch Time=XBox
Afternoon=Gamecube
Evening=PS2
Night=Extras

Or designate a time for certain formats.

5:00pm - 7:00pm etc.

So you know when everything is on.

Plus, make information and shows more up-to-date, god I hate turning it on and still see the same old clips..........

Maybe, one of the reasons they have crap presenters and shows, is that they probably ain't got a big bugget???...

Decent trailers, reviews and charts would be great for a PS2 gamer like myself.

Why?
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cut them some slack, it is italian after all...
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:52
"Right!!!!!™"
Microchips wrote:
> Cut them some slack, it is italian after all...

Yeah i think it's a good channel it's of for the european top ten off games and stuff.
Fri 19/04/02 at 08:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
And some of the presenters dont know nothing. That Richard was on Digital Crack, playing WRC on the PS2. Bettina said something about the Xbox and the Rally game on there. And he said "yeah there the same one, excatly the same". Yeah right, WRC is a completely different game to Rallisport challenge on the Xbox. If he doesnt know that, or the producers allow them to say complete and utter rubbish it shouldnt be on the air.
Fri 19/04/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Time 2 play the gur"
Milner wrote:
> Now and again, I can`t help but to switch the channel over to
> gamenetwork (channel 223). But every time I do its always advertising
> some kind of competition to win an XBOX or Gamecube. The way the
> channel has been put together is shocking, especially as the user has
> no clue what programme is on. The presenters look like they have just
> been picked up from the streets as they have no proffessionalism
> within the game industry.
>
> The graphic artists for the programme need some serious education
> because it has the most boring and uninspiring imagery on TV. The
> entire channel has no direction whatsoever because personally I cannot
> tell what is new or what is old. If a company wants to make a gaming
> channel, why dont they make a good job of it.
>
> The changes I would make to it are as follows;-
>
> 1. Get experienced presenters.
> 2. Get more original programmes, such as release schedules, games
> reviews, hints ect...
> 3. Get some better graphic artists
> 4. Put some money towards better camera technology.
>
> Being a serious gamer myself, as with many others, I think we deserve
> a 24 hour gaming channel that reflects what we want. There have been
> so many computer games programmes on TV, and nearly all have been
> poorly made. Its about time someone does something to change this.
>
> Why is it the movie industry has many quality made programmes whereas
> the games industry has to put up with stereotypical "geek"
> programmes presented by idiots??? The game industry has proven far
> more profitable than the movie industry so what not take it more
> seriously?
>
> We have the audience, they have the money - invest it!!!

what do people think about the two games gamenetwork have made does anyone know what there like ? do u enjoy there games? if so why do u like them so much?
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:41
The channel is really poor. Check out Gamepad on Bravo, or 3D Motors (I think that's what it's called...) on the Moh-tahs (sorry, Motors) channel. That's not Men & Motors btw.
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:12
Gamenetwork isnt that bad
Fri 19/04/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
True, most of the producers and presenters are foreign, so you will always find more mistakes than a UK one. One thing I hate though, they have the same old adverts on all day long. Tiresome at times.
Sat 20/04/02 at 13:54
Microchips wrote:
> True, most of the producers and presenters are foreign, so you will
> always find more mistakes than a UK one. One thing I hate though,
> they have the same old adverts on all day long. Tiresome at times.

i agree

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.