GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone not like Max Payne (I want to know some opinions)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 07:39
Regular
Last night, while I was lying down in my bed thinking, I was wondering how much I loved the game Max Payne. Dodging bullets, going into slo-mo and using some of the best weapons avaliable on a 3rd Person Shooter.

Then I wondered If anyone did'nt like the game.

If you don't like Max Payne, leave your message below and say what you don't like about it. If you love the game, tell me what you do like about it so we can get both sides of the argument (even though it isn't one!)

Please, though, only leave a messasge if you have played it before or have watched someone play it.
Wed 15/05/02 at 10:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> If you play Hitman with the patch, you have slow-mo. Not quite bullet
> time, but it still rocks.

Ah yes, I now remember a cheat for the original Soldier of Fortune which also puts the game in slow motion. It actually makes the game more fun to play.
Tue 14/05/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Hilarious consequences?
Tue 14/05/02 at 19:28
"Mimmargh!"
John Arne Riise wrote:
> What was the general plot of Max Payne, I never really knew and would
> like to try it.

Basicly his family is killed under mysterious circumstances then he is framed as a criminal 3 years later, Payne goes on a mad rampage...with hilarious consequences...
Tue 14/05/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
What was the general plot of Max Payne, I never really knew and would like to try it.
Tue 14/05/02 at 15:03
"Darkness, always"
If you play Hitman with the patch, you have slow-mo. Not quite bullet time, but it still rocks.
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Thats exactly why I, and no doubt many other people want a sequel. We need another fix of bullet time madness.
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:27
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Max Payne is innovative, but can get a little tirsome after extended play.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:55
This game rocked until I went and bought MOH.AA

I've nt been back since

Sorry!
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've got a matrix mod with kunfgu in it, but I haven't used it much. I'll give it a whirl next time I play the game and see if works.
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:32
"Darkness, always"
Cipro, I suggest finding the "Kung0Fu" mod for Max Payne. This brings endless hours of joy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.