GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Part Of The Game Every Month!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 06:31
Regular
Games magazines are very popular and nearly everyone who has a games console has brought a games magazine before. Why do we buy these magazines? Well… they are a great source of information on what games are about to be released. They also help you decide on what games to buy by reading reviews on them. They tell us what is happening with information on the development of games before they are released. Most of the magazines contain cheats, tips and hints to help you on your way to complete your desired game.

Some of the magazines come with a demo disc which is great because you can actually play the game before you buy it, or watch the rolling demo of the game depending on what magazine you buy. Basically all of the magazines are the same, each one contains the same information just said differently, and each one has previews, reviews, cheats and hints. There is nothing that really makes one stand out from the other.

*The scene- you have just rushed into the shop in search of a games magazine to entertain you and bring you up to date on all the latest news in the gaming world. Unless you know what one your going to buy then you have a look at all of them to see which is the best. The brightly coloured covers catch your attention first but when you investigate what is inside the magazines you soon realize that they are nothing special. Then you check out what the prices are etc. You pick your magazine out and pay for it (no stealing thank you). You probably take the magazine with a free demo disc so you can play on the latest games that are about to hit the shops.
What if there was a new games magazine to hit the shop shelves...

Have you seen the magazines where you buy the first issue for £1.50 and the following issues are about triple the price? You know the ones I’m talking about the ones that come with free gifts, and you collect the free gift every week/month with the corresponding issue. Well I was thinking…What if there was a new games magazine which had all the latest reviews and previews and things that the other ones already have but with one extra thing!

The ‘extra thing’, which I was referring to, is a disc, not a demo disc but part of a game, you get a part of the game every issue. The game could be an RPG, which is split into 12 different discs one free with every issue. The RPG could be similar to Final Fantasy in the respect that you have the same battle system (well it is the best). The makers/designers/producers of all best and most popular RPG’s on the market could produce this magazine and the game. |

The makers of RPG’s are some of the most talented people in the world. Every RPG released out on the PS2 has been good except a minute few. If these games were good on their own then what would it be like if they were all put together and made into one great game? To have all the people working together on the same project would undoubtedly result in pure gaming bliss.

I understand that there are quite a few people who do not like RPG’s. I know that some of them do not like RPG’s because either: they find the game too long and tedious or they hate the idea of travelling from one city to the other, having to fight every seven steps. RPG’s house some of the most fantastic graphics in the gaming world, it’s a shame that these people do not get to see these graphics because they don’t like the games. I feel that if the people who do not like role playing games were able to play a RPG created by the best then they would soon change their mind. It would be good if more people liked RPG’s because then more role-playing games would be produced.

It would be great to open up a whole new style of magazine totally dedicated to RPG’s. It could contain the best reviews from the public. People could send in their ideas of what RPG’s should contain, so the Makers know what the public want. This would benefit them because their sales will increase. I would like the people who don’t play RPG’s at the moment because of previous experiences with them to share the love I have for them. I feel that this magazine could do that.

Some people will never like RPG’s. People have their own likes and dislikes, but this magazine could make a large majority of the people who don’t like them a chance to see a great RPG and decide if they like them from that. If they don’t then there is nothing that will persuade them to like RPG’s... maybe they will be hooked on RPG's?

What are your views and opinions on this idea? Would you buy it even if your not a fan of RPG’s at the moment? Would you buy it if you’re already an RPG fan? Do you like the idea of the Game being spread out over a twelve-month period?

Thanks for reading. :)
Wed 17/04/02 at 06:31
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Games magazines are very popular and nearly everyone who has a games console has brought a games magazine before. Why do we buy these magazines? Well… they are a great source of information on what games are about to be released. They also help you decide on what games to buy by reading reviews on them. They tell us what is happening with information on the development of games before they are released. Most of the magazines contain cheats, tips and hints to help you on your way to complete your desired game.

Some of the magazines come with a demo disc which is great because you can actually play the game before you buy it, or watch the rolling demo of the game depending on what magazine you buy. Basically all of the magazines are the same, each one contains the same information just said differently, and each one has previews, reviews, cheats and hints. There is nothing that really makes one stand out from the other.

*The scene- you have just rushed into the shop in search of a games magazine to entertain you and bring you up to date on all the latest news in the gaming world. Unless you know what one your going to buy then you have a look at all of them to see which is the best. The brightly coloured covers catch your attention first but when you investigate what is inside the magazines you soon realize that they are nothing special. Then you check out what the prices are etc. You pick your magazine out and pay for it (no stealing thank you). You probably take the magazine with a free demo disc so you can play on the latest games that are about to hit the shops.
What if there was a new games magazine to hit the shop shelves...

Have you seen the magazines where you buy the first issue for £1.50 and the following issues are about triple the price? You know the ones I’m talking about the ones that come with free gifts, and you collect the free gift every week/month with the corresponding issue. Well I was thinking…What if there was a new games magazine which had all the latest reviews and previews and things that the other ones already have but with one extra thing!

The ‘extra thing’, which I was referring to, is a disc, not a demo disc but part of a game, you get a part of the game every issue. The game could be an RPG, which is split into 12 different discs one free with every issue. The RPG could be similar to Final Fantasy in the respect that you have the same battle system (well it is the best). The makers/designers/producers of all best and most popular RPG’s on the market could produce this magazine and the game. |

The makers of RPG’s are some of the most talented people in the world. Every RPG released out on the PS2 has been good except a minute few. If these games were good on their own then what would it be like if they were all put together and made into one great game? To have all the people working together on the same project would undoubtedly result in pure gaming bliss.

I understand that there are quite a few people who do not like RPG’s. I know that some of them do not like RPG’s because either: they find the game too long and tedious or they hate the idea of travelling from one city to the other, having to fight every seven steps. RPG’s house some of the most fantastic graphics in the gaming world, it’s a shame that these people do not get to see these graphics because they don’t like the games. I feel that if the people who do not like role playing games were able to play a RPG created by the best then they would soon change their mind. It would be good if more people liked RPG’s because then more role-playing games would be produced.

It would be great to open up a whole new style of magazine totally dedicated to RPG’s. It could contain the best reviews from the public. People could send in their ideas of what RPG’s should contain, so the Makers know what the public want. This would benefit them because their sales will increase. I would like the people who don’t play RPG’s at the moment because of previous experiences with them to share the love I have for them. I feel that this magazine could do that.

Some people will never like RPG’s. People have their own likes and dislikes, but this magazine could make a large majority of the people who don’t like them a chance to see a great RPG and decide if they like them from that. If they don’t then there is nothing that will persuade them to like RPG’s... maybe they will be hooked on RPG's?

What are your views and opinions on this idea? Would you buy it even if your not a fan of RPG’s at the moment? Would you buy it if you’re already an RPG fan? Do you like the idea of the Game being spread out over a twelve-month period?

Thanks for reading. :)
Wed 17/04/02 at 16:04
"slightlyshortertagl"
good idea there but rather unfortunately it'll be way tooo expensive.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.