GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honour - Allied Assault. What do you think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
Bang! The Sniper’s bullet resounded around the bombed town of Remagen. My screen flashed red. My life dropped from 100 to 64 in just one shot. This mission was not going to be easy.

Sound good to you? If so, then this is definitely the game for you. It is, quite truly amazing, and possesses every quality you could want to be included in a game. Brilliant gameplay, top-notch graphics, a wicked storyline, a huge selection of weapons, but most importantly, enough action to keep you blasting away for months is jam packed in to this game. Forget Max Payne or Perfect Dark, you won't be needing them anymore, this game outweighs them by far.

After the first level, I was hooked. Hang on a minute, if you weren’t, then you must be mentally ‘not right’ to put it in a nice way! The first level of the game is set in North Africa, and, as the game goes on, the levels continue to get better and more demanding. On top of it all, there is also a vast range of available weapons for you to use, such as the standard issued American rifle - the M1 Garand, or the German equivalent to the BAR, the amazing STG 44. You can also drive vehicles, or operate the vehicle’s guns, which is a lot of fun! The vehicles you use include the King Tiger Tank, and the normal American all weather/scouting vehicle, the Humvee.
The Enemy's AI has been tweaked to a very impressive intelligence level, even on the easy setting of the game, which leaves the game equally as unpredictable as it is enjoyable!

The game takes you through six intensive and exciting campaigns, ranging from missions in North Africa and France, to the Fatherland itself. Each country has it’s own landscape which changes to meet the realistic surroundings and weather conditions for the country itself. The scenery throughout the whole game is breathtaking, even though you won’t be doing too much sightseeing when Sniper bullets begin to whiz past your ear! If you like War games, you won’t be able to put this one down! I love each level, but we all have our favourites, and my personal favourite has to be the Omaha Beach level. The level is very similar to the start of Saving Private Ryan, and it is equally as good playing it as it is watching it.

You begin the level in a Higgins Boat, heading towards Charlie Sector of Omaha Beach. You glance around. Men are throwing up. Shells start to land in the water near to your boat. You look to your left, and suddenly, a shell gets a direct hit on the boat to your left, sending it up in flames. Men are thrown up in the air on fire due to the force of the explosion. Your boat begins to rock from side to side as a result of the impact. You are told to prepare for landing. The whistles go, the front of the boat is lowered. Within a split second, the men in front of you are dead. Your screen flashes red as you jump from the boat in to the water, you’ve already been hit. You run to the nearest hedgehog for cover, bullets whizzing past you in the water, leaving a trail of air bubbles behind them, shells exploding viciously around you. You pause, take a breath, and then you are off again. Running for cover from the hail of zeroed machine gun bullets and shells. Your life is considerably reduced, but luckily there is a medic nearby. You take health from him, and your life is back to full, but not for long. You stand up and keep darting for cover until you reach the shingle.
At this point, I’ll stop, but not because it is the end of the mission. Oh no, not by a long way, but because I don’t want to spoil the best level of the game for all you guys out there who are considering purchasing it.

If you don’t already own a copy of this game, then get down to your nearest Special Reserve shop and buy a copy of it NOW, or alternatively, order it. Whatever you do, make sure this title is included in your game collection, because no collection is complete without it.

It is, quite simply an exceptional game.

So, these are just my views of this excellent game, but, what really counts are your views.....

What do you think of this game?
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:14
Bang! The Sniper’s bullet resounded around the bombed town of Remagen. My screen flashed red. My life dropped from 100 to 64 in just one shot. This mission was not going to be easy.

Sound good to you? If so, then this is definitely the game for you. It is, quite truly amazing, and possesses every quality you could want to be included in a game. Brilliant gameplay, top-notch graphics, a wicked storyline, a huge selection of weapons, but most importantly, enough action to keep you blasting away for months is jam packed in to this game. Forget Max Payne or Perfect Dark, you won't be needing them anymore, this game outweighs them by far.

After the first level, I was hooked. Hang on a minute, if you weren’t, then you must be mentally ‘not right’ to put it in a nice way! The first level of the game is set in North Africa, and, as the game goes on, the levels continue to get better and more demanding. On top of it all, there is also a vast range of available weapons for you to use, such as the standard issued American rifle - the M1 Garand, or the German equivalent to the BAR, the amazing STG 44. You can also drive vehicles, or operate the vehicle’s guns, which is a lot of fun! The vehicles you use include the King Tiger Tank, and the normal American all weather/scouting vehicle, the Humvee.
The Enemy's AI has been tweaked to a very impressive intelligence level, even on the easy setting of the game, which leaves the game equally as unpredictable as it is enjoyable!

The game takes you through six intensive and exciting campaigns, ranging from missions in North Africa and France, to the Fatherland itself. Each country has it’s own landscape which changes to meet the realistic surroundings and weather conditions for the country itself. The scenery throughout the whole game is breathtaking, even though you won’t be doing too much sightseeing when Sniper bullets begin to whiz past your ear! If you like War games, you won’t be able to put this one down! I love each level, but we all have our favourites, and my personal favourite has to be the Omaha Beach level. The level is very similar to the start of Saving Private Ryan, and it is equally as good playing it as it is watching it.

You begin the level in a Higgins Boat, heading towards Charlie Sector of Omaha Beach. You glance around. Men are throwing up. Shells start to land in the water near to your boat. You look to your left, and suddenly, a shell gets a direct hit on the boat to your left, sending it up in flames. Men are thrown up in the air on fire due to the force of the explosion. Your boat begins to rock from side to side as a result of the impact. You are told to prepare for landing. The whistles go, the front of the boat is lowered. Within a split second, the men in front of you are dead. Your screen flashes red as you jump from the boat in to the water, you’ve already been hit. You run to the nearest hedgehog for cover, bullets whizzing past you in the water, leaving a trail of air bubbles behind them, shells exploding viciously around you. You pause, take a breath, and then you are off again. Running for cover from the hail of zeroed machine gun bullets and shells. Your life is considerably reduced, but luckily there is a medic nearby. You take health from him, and your life is back to full, but not for long. You stand up and keep darting for cover until you reach the shingle.
At this point, I’ll stop, but not because it is the end of the mission. Oh no, not by a long way, but because I don’t want to spoil the best level of the game for all you guys out there who are considering purchasing it.

If you don’t already own a copy of this game, then get down to your nearest Special Reserve shop and buy a copy of it NOW, or alternatively, order it. Whatever you do, make sure this title is included in your game collection, because no collection is complete without it.

It is, quite simply an exceptional game.

So, these are just my views of this excellent game, but, what really counts are your views.....

What do you think of this game?
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:28
"Mimmargh!"
This should really be in the reviews section. Seriously.
Tue 16/04/02 at 21:03
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
all i can say about this game is that it has gob smacking graphics.
Tue 16/04/02 at 21:09
Regular
"That's right!"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> all i can say about this game is that it has gob smacking graphics.

----------

Not as gobsmacking as Solider Of Fortune 2
Tue 16/04/02 at 22:42
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
but still amazing you get the point!
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
I played this around Darkness' house, and I agree, MOD: Allied Assault is a fantastic game. Excellent graphics and some wonderfully enticing gameplay provide for a damn good experience, one of the best PC games out there. Unfortunately my current PC is not good enough to play it, but I've found a rather tasty deal on one of SR's ZAPP PC's...

Question. Can I use my current monitor for a ZAPP PC?? It's a Gateway one, by the way.
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:25
"Right!!!!!™"
I have not played it but i have seen reveiws and it looks pretty good most off them gave it a 9 or 10 out off 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.