GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Action Replay 2 v2 questions"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
Im interested in buying one, but i heard that you cant enter any codes into it but have to either use only the built in codes, or pay extra for upgrade cds. Is this true? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:28
Regular
"round the outside"
i boutght the action replay and it is rubbish,it ruined many of my games it doesnt work with gta3 and wipes it,we phoned SR and this has heppend to thousands.dont buy it!
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:02
Regular
I was thinking about getting one but I'm not sure now after what you just said but i don't think you can go far wrong with the Memory Card deal.
Tue 16/04/02 at 22:52
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
No. You only need to shell out £10 if you want the MGS2 codes. I don't know about in the future, but so far that is the only game I know of.

The rest of the codes can be found for free on the website, and inputed using your Duel Shock 2, or a USB keyboard, they will be saved on that little memory card type thing that comes with it.
Tue 16/04/02 at 22:42
"MMMMM, Chicken"
but the point is when i do want codes i'll have to shell out an extra £10 a game. Hardly seems right.
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:41
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The only thing you need the update for right now is MGS2. And depending if you buy a really new version of AR2V2 it might already have it.

Get it from SR. The deal with Action Reply V2 and the memory card for £30. Sounds like a good deal.
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
With the AR2 you get the thing you stick in the memory thing, a ps2 boot disk, a psx disk with loads of cheats and something else.

I think you should buy one.

Get one from SR and try it out. If you dont like it then they will take it back within a certain amount of time.

If you like it then keep it.

i havent got one but im planning on getting one soon.
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:18
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Is this from your own personal experience? The blurb on their site says you can upgrade, but I have a feeling their referring to via cd or their £30 x port device
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Hmmm....."
www.codejunkies.com

Sorry,

:)
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yuo can enter your own codes and save them.

www.code-junkies.com

(I think)

You can update the AR2 with codes off there whenever new games come out and everything.

ok?

:)
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:10
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Im interested in buying one, but i heard that you cant enter any codes into it but have to either use only the built in codes, or pay extra for upgrade cds. Is this true? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.