GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hideo Kojima on the 'Cube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 14:13
Regular
The man behind Metal Gear Solid 2 is making a game called Eclipse for the GameCube. It seems that Shigeru Miyamoto had been talking to him for sometime about the GameCube after Mr.Kojima expressed an intrest in working on the console.
With this now in mind is this the beginning of the end of Sony's dominance in the video games market? It does seem to be letting most of their big franchises slip through their fingers. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid (X-Box) and Resident Evil (GC). It lost Final Fantasy even when they own about 18% of the company!
It also appears that Mr.Miyamoto is trying his hardest to gain support for the GameCube with more 'mature' games. He's doing a pretty good job of it too with Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness and of course the much hyped Resident Evil. It seems that the majority have always gone where the 'mature' games are. Now with another 'mature' console (X-Box) on the market and the GameCube gaining in the area is Sony set to lose that Majority?
Tue 16/04/02 at 14:13
Regular
"Link to the Future"
The man behind Metal Gear Solid 2 is making a game called Eclipse for the GameCube. It seems that Shigeru Miyamoto had been talking to him for sometime about the GameCube after Mr.Kojima expressed an intrest in working on the console.
With this now in mind is this the beginning of the end of Sony's dominance in the video games market? It does seem to be letting most of their big franchises slip through their fingers. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid (X-Box) and Resident Evil (GC). It lost Final Fantasy even when they own about 18% of the company!
It also appears that Mr.Miyamoto is trying his hardest to gain support for the GameCube with more 'mature' games. He's doing a pretty good job of it too with Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness and of course the much hyped Resident Evil. It seems that the majority have always gone where the 'mature' games are. Now with another 'mature' console (X-Box) on the market and the GameCube gaining in the area is Sony set to lose that Majority?
Tue 16/04/02 at 22:35
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
only time will tell!
Wed 17/04/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Link to the Future"
True, True
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I believe that from now-on Sony will begin to fail in the market.
Why?? Well, the PS2 has been out for about 18 months or something now, and in that time, many many people have opted to buy Sony's 2nd console instead or waiting all that time for a GameCube or X-box, or because they loved the PS1.

But now I believe it's sales will die RIGHT down, as everyone who wants one already has one, and many gamers will now be racing to beat the cues for a Cube or X-box. And now that everyone already has one and very very few will be butying them, we'll probably soon see a price that even shocks us GameCube and Dreamcast fans - maybe even as low as £50!!

But aside from that, I don't think that just by having this new game on the GameCube that the PS2 will loose out. They already have MGS 2! Why would they really care!??

And I also heard that Kojima is interested in working on multiple formats and not JUST the GameCube. But good for him! And it still means we could see this game on the X-box, or even the PS2.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:48
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I was speaking to a friend today who reserved his Gamecube from Norwich (in Norfolk for those wondering whre it is), he reserved it a couple of weeks a go but told me that he has to wait till the Saturday (May 4th) to get. He was told the reason was that the shop (a local games shop) has had the amounts of Gamcubes reduced becuase there are so many being bought. he was told that 11 were being sold on May 3rd and another 11 on May 4th, thisjust goes to show how the Gamecube is already popular before it comes out !

Solskjær played Zelda much more ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.