GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should be in the game package?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/10/00 at 16:22
Regular
What, when you buy a Gamecube, would you like to be included in the box?

I want:
A silver Gamecube.
One silver wavebird controller (Wireless).
One memory card (64meg).
A Broadband modem.
A Mario 128 demo / demo disc of upcoming games.

This will cost £149.99

Of course this is just my idea, trying to control my wait for the damn thing, and anyone can add to this what they want in the box too.

I want Metriod as well...
Fri 29/12/00 at 15:50
Regular
Oh yeah you won't need four controllers if your mates have a GC! That's means you can play 4 player games still!
Fri 29/12/00 at 15:48
Regular
Oh yeah. £299. I suppose if you tried to get it on auctions, then it would be £400.
Fri 29/12/00 at 15:48
Regular
Lets try and work it out then.

£150 - Console and 1 controller.

£60 - Three controllers.

£140 - Four games, £35 each.

£30 - Modem

£20 - 64MB Mem card.

Adds up to...

Exactly £400... How did I do that?

And you can get one PS2 with a controller, for all of the above. Shows really how expensive the PS2 really is...
Thu 28/12/00 at 21:53
Regular
1 memory card Gold Console
3 games (StarFox, Mario, Zelda, Metroid wait that's 4)
broadband modem
4 wireless controls

£400, or less maybe.
Thu 28/12/00 at 20:50
Regular
Nope. All that AND a memory card. That's what puts the icing on it... : )
Thu 28/12/00 at 20:09
Regular
1 x silver GameCube
1 x Controller
1 x Nintendo Game I Don't care what it as long as it's
from Nintendo/Rare.
Internet Ready (BroadBand)
Price 149.99

Do you know Grix The perfect Bundle!!!!
Thu 28/12/00 at 17:31
Regular
For once, I shall be nice.

The Dreamcast is the Sega console, and it's pretty decent.

The Gamecube has not yet been released, and is quite superior to the PS2 in any way you can think of, apart from amount of games. As the Gamecube has none, as of the moment.

You can look at news and pictures of the gamecube at www.ign.com, and click on Gamecube on the left hand side of the screen, on the menu bar. Have a look through some of the arcticles there to get some idea of the Gamecube.
Thu 28/12/00 at 16:40
Regular
Hello guys:
I am a PSX fan, but I have to say Nintendo was the first one to come up with the Dreamcast, which offered way better grahpics than PSX. However, now that the Playstation 2 is out, it really puts Dreamcast to shame. Correct me if I'm wrong, PS2 is basically like playing DVD games, and Dreamcast is like playing VCD games expect with sharper picture.
I really don't know much abuot the TechSpecs, but looking at my game informer it says that the CPU on a PS2 is 300mhz. It would be great if there was a chart comparing the two systems. Sometime next month, I am planing to buy a new gaming system. The PS2 looks very tempting but if the Gamecube will be better. I'd rather wait. If anyone can tell me and honor their word which system is better, please E-mail me at [email protected].
PS2 has some really nice games..do you think Nintendo can beat that?
Mon 16/10/00 at 13:15
Regular
A great idea but I doubt you'll get it for less than £250.

Still Nintendo, If you're seriously thinking about competing with Sony...
Sun 15/10/00 at 19:20
Regular
Good point, but when we buy the console, we won't care about waiting for it any more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.