GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony's Halo killer ... ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 20:38
Regular
Nothing more than rumour and speculation at the moment, but potentially very interesting.

From http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357301p1.html

-----

Is Sony's Undercover First-Person Shooter a Halo-killer?
The rumor has been around since the ice age, and we're pretty sure we started it. Well, the very same rumor is back and it's attracted a few more details to its sticky entrails. Sony, apparently at work on a first-person shooter that's been talked about as a "Halo-killer," may be working with British developer and Renderware-inventor, Criterion, on the very game.

With the PS2 providing plenty of untapped power in its second year, sources are claiming an unbelievably high level of anti-aliased polygons per second, adding the game could put even GT3 to shame. That's some fancy-schmancy talk, but hey, we're ready for the next level of FPS games.
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:38
"High polygon count"
Nothing more than rumour and speculation at the moment, but potentially very interesting.

From http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357301p1.html

-----

Is Sony's Undercover First-Person Shooter a Halo-killer?
The rumor has been around since the ice age, and we're pretty sure we started it. Well, the very same rumor is back and it's attracted a few more details to its sticky entrails. Sony, apparently at work on a first-person shooter that's been talked about as a "Halo-killer," may be working with British developer and Renderware-inventor, Criterion, on the very game.

With the PS2 providing plenty of untapped power in its second year, sources are claiming an unbelievably high level of anti-aliased polygons per second, adding the game could put even GT3 to shame. That's some fancy-schmancy talk, but hey, we're ready for the next level of FPS games.
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:42
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
hmmm, a halo killer sound just like a rumour but surely that game can't be better looking then halo, maybe, but i'll have to see it first before making a judgement.
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Touched!"
It would be great if sony could pull it off, its going to be tough, but good luck to them, i can't wait to see more on this in the coming months!!
Tue 16/04/02 at 09:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A Halo killer! sounds good, but what is the game actually about? I've seen no details other than it may be in development.
Tue 16/04/02 at 10:06
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Mr. Furby wrote:
> hmmm, a halo killer sound just like a rumour but surely that game
> can't be better looking then halo

It's just rumour of course at the moment but...... to say surely the game can't be better looking than Halo. How many times has this sort of thing been said before ?

Look at Wipeout on psx at the time heralded as the best thing since sliced bread and looked amazing for it's time, as the years went by each new incarnation looked better and better and to compare Wipeout with Wip3out the differences are amazing.

Look at the best looking game on PS2 now (GT3 ?) and think what this can look like with another 3 years of PS2 development, maybe the difference will not so vast but the graphics will get better and better during the PS2's lifecycle as the programmers become more accustomed to how to do things.

With this in mind then the PS2 is perfectly adequate to produce something better looking than Halo is at the moment (But obviously the X Box graphics will also be improving !)
Tue 16/04/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh ive heard this rumour a couple of times now, apprently they are secretly working away on a new project which is apparently better than Halo

it will be interesting see what idea what they come up with, it was said that Deus Ex maybe be better than halo when it comes out, but I cannot comment on that game having not played it/seen it.

with technology so advanced as it is today, Sony and its Mentors are powerful enough to create something better than Halo and I think if they are successful in doing this they will become eveen stronger in the console/games market
Tue 16/04/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Tag as above"
Would it also be fair to assume that the improvement in the graphics quaility of the X-Box won't have the scope for improvement as that of the PS2 due to the Fact(?) that programers are already pushing the xbox closer to its limits as its easier to program for than the PS2?
Tue 16/04/02 at 11:47
"High polygon count"
If you believe what the 'experts' say, that would certainly seem to be the case.
Tue 16/04/02 at 12:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
deus ex is a brilliant game...BUT it looks really ugly.
gameplay is wonderful though -so many different choices you have to make throughout the game.
anyway i'd be happy for them to bring out a Halo killer -thank god i kept my ps2 :)
halo is PHAT though -the set pieces are great
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:24
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well what ever killer game it is, it better come out soon, i'm already hearing rumours of Halo 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.