GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to distinguish fake/pirated GBA games:"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 19:34
Regular
Here is a list of things to look out for to know when ur game is fake or pirated:

1. Check the back of the box, and see if the blurb is fimiliar like, the blurb from a PSX, N64 box from that consoles version of the game. Like Tekken, see if it is TEkken 1, 2, 3 or 4 stuff on the back.

2. The joining of the two main parts of the cartridge is disjointed ,i.e not smooth. It it is not jointed smoothly it will not be albe to stand up horizonatally, with the side with the visible chipboard inside is facing the ground. (may not be the case on some)

3. on the cartridge The Gameboy Advance logo above the sticker is surrounded by a indented oval, normal carts do not have this.

4. on the cartridge The sticker is wonky, too small for the allocated space or looks like a squished vresion of the box art.

5. The colour of the cart plastic is slightly different. It will be a darker shade of grey. Put them under a good light white/ yellow (min 20W) and the difference is clear.

6. The plastic has a rougher pattern generally on the fakie.

7. There maybe a visible blue stipe on the chip board edge on the open side. No need to open it up.

8. On the back of the cart there maybe no MADE IN JAPAN sign in the box.

9. Also and the back of the cartridge there is no round indent on the fakie below the box. Features may also be 'exzatgerated' slightly on the fakie, like the vertical lines and box.

10. It may freeze suddenly, or the save data feature has a problem.

hope this helps.

1dy.............
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:34
Here is a list of things to look out for to know when ur game is fake or pirated:

1. Check the back of the box, and see if the blurb is fimiliar like, the blurb from a PSX, N64 box from that consoles version of the game. Like Tekken, see if it is TEkken 1, 2, 3 or 4 stuff on the back.

2. The joining of the two main parts of the cartridge is disjointed ,i.e not smooth. It it is not jointed smoothly it will not be albe to stand up horizonatally, with the side with the visible chipboard inside is facing the ground. (may not be the case on some)

3. on the cartridge The Gameboy Advance logo above the sticker is surrounded by a indented oval, normal carts do not have this.

4. on the cartridge The sticker is wonky, too small for the allocated space or looks like a squished vresion of the box art.

5. The colour of the cart plastic is slightly different. It will be a darker shade of grey. Put them under a good light white/ yellow (min 20W) and the difference is clear.

6. The plastic has a rougher pattern generally on the fakie.

7. There maybe a visible blue stipe on the chip board edge on the open side. No need to open it up.

8. On the back of the cart there maybe no MADE IN JAPAN sign in the box.

9. Also and the back of the cartridge there is no round indent on the fakie below the box. Features may also be 'exzatgerated' slightly on the fakie, like the vertical lines and box.

10. It may freeze suddenly, or the save data feature has a problem.

hope this helps.

1dy.............
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:37
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Or look for 'offical nintendo licenced product' logo. :)j
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
If people pirate GBA games they normally do it by buying one of those backup device things, and download the roms of the net, and then copy them onto blank carts.

I've not heard of anyone ever making actual dodgy carts and then trying to sell those in proper boxes.

I really don't think there's much to worry about!

:)
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:55
Regular
jc99041 wrote:
> Or look for 'offical nintendo licenced product' logo. :)j

people can scan the box art then print it on a box
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:57
Regular
"hit the road jack"
You can so easily tell a fakie. Anyways, i always buy my games from a proper store and so do alot of other people :)j
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You muppets!!
That fake games are the ones being sold for about £20 cheaper than normal. And whats wrong with the odd copied game. I bet that nearly every one of you has copied a game off of a mate and put it onto your computer.
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeah, but they work!
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
And no I don't run a pirated games company. I've got plenty of official games. I only got copys of Half Life, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Age of Empires and Theme hospital. Most of the newer games I buy now because you really need the manual and with games like Red Alert 2, if you try to play an unregistered product on the net, it just dissables it...
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I never read manuals. *BORING* :)j
Mon 15/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I always play the game, then read the maual while on the toilet or eating dinner. It can help quite a lot, as in Black and White or it can just be a load of crap as in Quake 3....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.