GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo changing........"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 18:14
Regular
Nintendo keep changing tiny things not thinking anyone will notice
for example
1)THE COLOURS -
when gamecube was first announced there were 5 different colours including black,purple,pink,gold and silver which were meant to be out on day one but now there's only black and purple which will closely be followed by orange(wich wasn't one of the original five).

2)THE CONTROLLER-
When gamecube was announced the start button looked a futuristic red the A and B buttons were blue and green and the B button went around the A button like the X and Y buttons. Now the start button is a dull grey the A and B buttons are red and green and the B button is the tiniest round button you will ever see.

3)ZELDA-although this is one of the biggest changes ever
At space world there was quite simply the most impressive demos anyones ever seen... ZELDA.which got everyones hopes up THEN shigsy changes it to celda .

I know all these are small things except for celda but I really think they will make a difference.
does ne1 else think this
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:14
Regular
"-_-"
Nintendo keep changing tiny things not thinking anyone will notice
for example
1)THE COLOURS -
when gamecube was first announced there were 5 different colours including black,purple,pink,gold and silver which were meant to be out on day one but now there's only black and purple which will closely be followed by orange(wich wasn't one of the original five).

2)THE CONTROLLER-
When gamecube was announced the start button looked a futuristic red the A and B buttons were blue and green and the B button went around the A button like the X and Y buttons. Now the start button is a dull grey the A and B buttons are red and green and the B button is the tiniest round button you will ever see.

3)ZELDA-although this is one of the biggest changes ever
At space world there was quite simply the most impressive demos anyones ever seen... ZELDA.which got everyones hopes up THEN shigsy changes it to celda .

I know all these are small things except for celda but I really think they will make a difference.
does ne1 else think this
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:25
Regular
domaye wrote:
> Nintendo keep changing tiny things not thinking anyone will notice

Yeah, but it's not anything major (obviously) so it isn't really a problem either. I think they've improved on the pad, which can only be a good thing, and though more colors would be nice, black and purple are good enough for now i guess.

> 3)ZELDA-although this is one of the biggest changes ever

You think that's a big change, you should see my mate Derika after hi.. her operation
: D
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But 'Change is Good'!

I agree that the new Zelda look is dissapointing, but i'm sure the gamplay will be un-effected - and improved if anything! :D

I'm not really bothered about the controller as I think it looks great and is apparently very comfortable to hold. The only think I am concerned about is the positioning of the Z-button. But knowing Nintendo, it'll all still work out for the best!

And as for the console's colours, i'm still as happy as ever with Indigo.
I would probably choose silver if that was available, but it's not unfortunately. I've also heard the yellow one will be available over here this summer!

So it's all looking good for the GameCube! :D
Mon 15/04/02 at 22:03
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
If you are bothered about a change in console colour and shape/colour of buttons, you have got a lot more to worry about in life ahead mate.
Mon 15/04/02 at 23:49
Regular
In fairness, there's nothing wrong with talking about stuff that might not be desperately important.
Also, it leaned towards being about the principles of changing stuff at the last minute, as if to go back on your word, the buttons and stuff just being examples, which isn't necessarily as unimportant as conclusions could suggest.
Tue 16/04/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Domaye wrote:

>1)THE COLOURS -

I can't remember hearing that those were the colours that would be avaliable on day one I just saw a picture. I might have forgotten that though.....

>2)THE CONTROLLER-

This of course was just a prototype at the time. They changed it probably because B is used a lot and they wanted it to be different from X and Y. They then used red for it's colour ( maybe for stop...) so then changed the colour of the Start button.

And as for Zelda yeah it is a big change and it did look amazing at spaceworld 2000, but the Cel-Shading will probably make the gameplay a lot smoother than it would be in the 'realistic' look.
Tue 16/04/02 at 18:02
Regular
"-_-"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
>
>
> > >2)THE CONTROLLER-
>
> This of course was just a prototype at the time.
it was announced that no other changes will be made!
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:42
ive got a GC controller and they are more comfortable then the xboxs an the shoulder buttons are really comfy, i think r1 will be use for a trigger, maybe use both shoulder buttons for when you got ouble guns
Wed 17/04/02 at 12:43
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
NGC Fan wrote:
> ive got a GC controller and they are more comfortable then the xboxs
> an the shoulder buttons are really comfy, i think r1 will be use for a
> trigger, maybe use both shoulder buttons for when you got ouble guns

What's an "ouble gun"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.