GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is Charlie root : )"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/07 at 20:53
Regular
Hi
Finally got my form sorted with file upload and it's working fine, the only thing is this chap called Charlie root keeps sending the emails to me, wondered if he was a little man working very hard sending out all of the emails. : ) seriously if anyone knows why it's doing this please let me know, something to do with the posting and root folder I assume,
Happy new year to everyone.
Mon 31/12/07 at 20:53
Regular
Hi
Finally got my form sorted with file upload and it's working fine, the only thing is this chap called Charlie root keeps sending the emails to me, wondered if he was a little man working very hard sending out all of the emails. : ) seriously if anyone knows why it's doing this please let me know, something to do with the posting and root folder I assume,
Happy new year to everyone.
Tue 01/01/08 at 09:52
Staff
You don't need to worry about Charlie root, I believe that this is caused by the security measures on the server (only allowing a particular user to send mail). If your messages are showing from Charlie root you may not have followed the advice here . The bit you are interested in is at the bottom and involves you adding a extra parameter to your mail command to force it to send as the correct user.
Tue 01/01/08 at 10:08
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear you got it working - which script did you use in the end?

The name Charlie Root is often associated with the root account (UNIX based systems), named after the baseball player of the same name!

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 01/01/08 at 21:59
Regular
Hi Hmmmmmmm
I went with the tectite one, the best and easiest, had to re model the whole form to suit but got there in the end - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Tracey
Tue 01/01/08 at 22:01
Regular
Hi
Yes you're right, I have had a look at the test form I did and the one I have now and I missed that bit off so thus Charlie root sends them to me now. I have had such a headache putting it all together for the first time and getting totally baffled I am leaving well alone for a week or so and may then sort it out, but for now Charlie root can stay put.
Thanks alot.
Tracey

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.