GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Ending!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 11:09
Regular
i bought MGS2 about a week ago and i was unsure what to expect, all the hype from magasines but some people saying they were disappointed, i had never actually played the first one but watched my friend complete it. I started the game on normal as i thought hard would not be a good idea for a new player, first thing that amazed me about the game was the graphics, not only on cut scenes but the in game graphics to are out standing. I didn't do the tanker mission first time so i went straight into the game as Raiden, at first i was unsure if Raiden would be as good as Snake and i actually prefer playing as Raiden, i think that his past is really interesting Aand was eager to see the ending as Rose was always on about April 30th, i had my own ideas on what i was but still as the game proceed, things start to go a bit wrong, which is a very clever twist and is a rare thing in games, the story line is excellent through out and when i got to fighting the Metal Gear Rays i was very excited about finishing the game as i knew it was near the end and then when i finally worked out how to destroy the Metal Gear Rays(shoot them in the leg with a stinger, then the head) and did so i watched the cut scene with fortune Ocelot thinking i was in for a right treat with the ending, but once Solidus was destroyed, the ending came and some things were left untold, i know that it leaves it open for MGS3 but still, nothing is said about Ocelot just that he had the wrong place and Olga's child ill be saved obviousley because Snake went after it. I admit that Rose being pregnant is good and the fact she is not a computer thing like the colnel but it was obvious some things would go right for raiden. (Oh and you know when he holds the dog tags in his hand, it has your information on it, i thouhgt that was cool) but do you agree the ending is not quite up with the rest of the game?
Finally do any of you guys know if there is MGS3 planned? if so when is it out?
Thanx
DjS
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
i bought MGS2 about a week ago and i was unsure what to expect, all the hype from magasines but some people saying they were disappointed, i had never actually played the first one but watched my friend complete it. I started the game on normal as i thought hard would not be a good idea for a new player, first thing that amazed me about the game was the graphics, not only on cut scenes but the in game graphics to are out standing. I didn't do the tanker mission first time so i went straight into the game as Raiden, at first i was unsure if Raiden would be as good as Snake and i actually prefer playing as Raiden, i think that his past is really interesting Aand was eager to see the ending as Rose was always on about April 30th, i had my own ideas on what i was but still as the game proceed, things start to go a bit wrong, which is a very clever twist and is a rare thing in games, the story line is excellent through out and when i got to fighting the Metal Gear Rays i was very excited about finishing the game as i knew it was near the end and then when i finally worked out how to destroy the Metal Gear Rays(shoot them in the leg with a stinger, then the head) and did so i watched the cut scene with fortune Ocelot thinking i was in for a right treat with the ending, but once Solidus was destroyed, the ending came and some things were left untold, i know that it leaves it open for MGS3 but still, nothing is said about Ocelot just that he had the wrong place and Olga's child ill be saved obviousley because Snake went after it. I admit that Rose being pregnant is good and the fact she is not a computer thing like the colnel but it was obvious some things would go right for raiden. (Oh and you know when he holds the dog tags in his hand, it has your information on it, i thouhgt that was cool) but do you agree the ending is not quite up with the rest of the game?
Finally do any of you guys know if there is MGS3 planned? if so when is it out?
Thanx
DjS
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Please please please separate posts like that in to separate paragraphs. They make my eyes hurt.
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
Fair do, they are annoying but it is all about one topic, so there ain't realy room for paragraphs when your speaking about the same thing, it just happens to be long!
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:13
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Yeah the ending wasn't the best they could do but.... It did leave it open for a MGS3. The makers of MGS2 gave us enough to compliment them on so its not all bad. People moan and critise the gaming world all the time, give them credit its a great game. But thats your opinion. :)
I'm not sure about the plans for MGS3??
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
I know it is a great game and i have gone through it twice as i'm addicted to it but i think had the ending jhave been better it would have been probably the best game ever. But as you say and rightfully so, people criticise (sorry if the spelling is bad) alot but sometimes it helps and improves future games.
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
So i take it that no one knows of MGS3? ah well if any one does it is very much appreciated.
DjS
Mon 15/04/02 at 23:16
There is now a forum about MGS3. There's some info there.
Mon 15/04/02 at 23:34
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
the ending for mgs2 was a little dissapointing, it could have been much better, if only they had shown how the arsenal gear gets to the middle of new york.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They originally were going to have Arsenal Gear knock down the twin towers, but had to cut it. Obviously.
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:17
Dj Spikey wrote:
> Finally do any of you guys know if there is MGS3 planned? if so when
> is it out?
> Thanx
> DjS

there is an mgs 3 planned predeicted release is 2003/2004

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.