GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"limited upload attempts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/07 at 18:02
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing limited upload attempts when I try to re upload the same site more than 3 times (after adjusting etc). I get a log on popup and when I click "OK" it keeps reapearing although the "SR & password" are correct.

Any clues please?
Sun 30/12/07 at 18:02
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing limited upload attempts when I try to re upload the same site more than 3 times (after adjusting etc). I get a log on popup and when I click "OK" it keeps reapearing although the "SR & password" are correct.

Any clues please?
Mon 31/12/07 at 10:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I haven't seen that happen.

What are you using for FTP and which webserver (1,2,3,etc.) are you seeing this on?

If you are using Internet Explorer for FTP then I can recommend you switch to Filezilla

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 31/12/07 at 12:29
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

thank you for your prompt reply. I am using freeolaweb6.freeola.net and FTPing from Microsoft Publisher (a drag and drop system straight from my PC) in to the web folder. This works fine for the first few times.

I can usually upload 3 times before this happens, the file starts to upload then a few seconds in to the transfer the "Log on" box appears and keeps doing so. I have to disconnect from Freeola then redial say after 1 hour and it works again.
Mon 31/12/07 at 13:04
"Are you sure?"
Guess it could be a MS Publisher thing.

I've just uploaded a file on server 6 as a test, ten times on the trot with no problems.

I'm on Freeola ADSL rather than a dial up connection which could change things.

If it's causing a problem you could try Filezilla (simple drag and drop) and see if you still have the problem.

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 31/12/07 at 13:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I've had this problem too with Microsoft's FTP service. You'll probably find that using another FTP program will make this issue go away, such as Hmmm...s suggested Filezilla, or if you have Firefox, the FireFTP extension.
Tue 01/01/08 at 13:33
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

thank you for this advice. I will take it onboard.

Just a BIG point I would like to mention, it is great having this support from a provider, especially over Christmas. I have not had this level of attention from any other provider before and just wanted to say it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and here's to a great 2008!
Tue 01/01/08 at 13:59
"Are you sure?"
Hi simon123,
The replies you've had so far are just from normal Freeola users like yourself :¬)

Nice to be appreciated...
Happy New Year!

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 01/01/08 at 17:41
Staff
Don't worry though staff do read and respond on the forums at all times of the year including the Holidays. Happy New Year.
Mon 14/01/08 at 18:57
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,
when I go to server 6 to change the FTP properties of an image in my folder, I frequently get this message:

An error occurred changing the permissions on the file or folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to change this item.

Details:
550 Could not change perms on Button.jpg. Permission denied.

Any clues why?
Tue 15/01/08 at 09:21
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
You haven't said it you moved to Filezilla (FTP client)?

I've just tried changing permissions on a server 6 site as a test and didn't have any problems using Filezilla.

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.