GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"limited upload attempts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/07 at 18:02
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing limited upload attempts when I try to re upload the same site more than 3 times (after adjusting etc). I get a log on popup and when I click "OK" it keeps reapearing although the "SR & password" are correct.

Any clues please?
Thu 24/01/08 at 17:43
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

yes, I am happy the FTP process works great now.

Thank you for everyone's input which is greatly appreciated.
Mon 21/01/08 at 17:43
"Are you sure?"
Still not too sure what you are asking :¬)

Are you happy all your FTP troubles are resolved now you've got Filezilla working?

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 19/01/08 at 17:56
Regular
"just asking"
Well, what I mean is:

File attribute on a .jpg picture on the server set at

025 will not allow any adjustments
014 " "
644 Allows adjustment
xxx ticks all boxes.

The question was, what decides weather an image is a 014 or a 644? or is there something whereby this setting can be set for all images?
Fri 18/01/08 at 17:09
"Are you sure?"
simon123 wrote:
> My question now is: what decides the attribute's value?

You've lost me there!
Are you asking for help on File Permissions?
Link to wiki article [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions[/URL]
But a quick Google on 'chmod' 'file permissions' etc. will give you lots more.

Or do you mean what settings do you need to use for a file?
This all depends on what you are trying to do. For normal use you don't need to touch things, but if you are setting up a script then you need to have some files/directories changed to allow different usage.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 18/01/08 at 16:51
Regular
"just asking"
Right then,

here is some news for the group.

When I try to rename a file it works instantly.

When I change the attribute to xxx that works too by ticking all the boxes (shades them green)

My question now is: what decides the attribute's value?

Thanks again for all your attention
Fri 18/01/08 at 09:39
"Are you sure?"
Glad you managed to install Filezilla :¬)

Your permissions problem is rather strange.
As I mentioned (and I've just re-tested everything) I can change perms on server 6 without any problems. I even installed the same version of Filezilla as you (I was using an earlier one) to make sure it wasn't a bug there.

What are the file permissions on the image and htdocs directories? - they should be 755. Mind you if they were wrong then Filezilla normally mentions it in the error message.

Can you delete/FTP/rename files or create a new directory using Filezilla?
Worth checking to ensure normal FTP services are working?

Otherwise I guess you may have a problem just with your account on that server which Freeola will have to investigate for you.
But first lets check you have normal FTP access with Filezilla.

Are you also happy you've got 'Passive mode' enabled in Filezilla as mentioned below?

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 17/01/08 at 19:08
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

Thank you very much for that. Filezilla now works.

Although the original problem is not yet solved. Interestingly the attributes can be changed on the Microsoft FTP if you are changing a .jpg image. The .png is the problem with the Microsoft FTP but I can not change either using Filezilla. Click HERE to see a screenshot.

Nearly there....thanks again for your input, brilliant service.
Thu 17/01/08 at 18:47
Staff
Could well be a Firewall issue, make sure that if you are using a Firewall like ZoneAlarm or Norton Firewall that both the program and port 21 are not blocked.

It is also worthwhile checking that Filezilla is set to use Passive mode as this could be another possible problem.

To check this go to Edit then Settings and then go to Firewall settings and make sure that Passive Mode is ticked.
Thu 17/01/08 at 17:14
Regular
"just asking"
Hi Hmmm...

Right, got the correct version of Filezilla. I get as far as: Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Nothing else happens. Any clues please? Also, does the programme select it's own port number?
Tue 15/01/08 at 18:20
Staff
The client is actually part of windows not Internet Explorer, the problem is since they added readonly FTP directly to IE7 clicking on the link does not seem to work reliably.

If you paste the URL directly into Windows Explorer it will usually work about as reliably as in IE6, though to be honest I would always recommend a 'real' FTP client such as Filezilla.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.